Miss Your Pets While Traveling? Put Them On Your Travel Gear
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As appealing as a week at the beach sounds any time of year, for pet lovers who are forced to leave their four-legged companions at home, there can be a bit of separation anxiety — on both sides. Since taking Fido or Fluffy along with you to paradise isn’t always an option, three pet lovers in Sydney, Australia, came up with what just might be the next best thing: beach gear featuring your favorite fuzzball’s mug.
Known as Petflair, the company — which recently launched a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter that has already raised more than four times its initial goal of $11,917 — will customize a range of beachwear and accessories including swimsuits, towels and bags, with an enormous photo of your beloved pet. Saint Bernard on a Speedo? You’ve got it! Beagle on your beach tote? No problem!
In the swimsuit department, women have got three options, all of them one-piece suits: the open-back Millie, the cross-back Frankie or the string-back Coco. Men can order the Max, an Olympic-style swim brief that comes in a dozen different colors and also allows for a pattern add-on — there are also beach towels, bags and sticker sets. Turning your furry, feathered or finned friend into a fashion icon is super simple: choose your item, upload a photo of your pet, pick a color and hit send. Check out the video below for a closer look.
As the Kickstarter campaign is still ongoing, the first batch of orders are expected to arrive in December — which makes this a perfect holiday gift for the animal obsessive in your life.
Featured image by Petflair/Facebook.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.