Best Gifts for Foodies
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This is the one chop shop for the food lover in your life. You know the one: Constantly asking if you’ve tried the new burger at <insert hot new restaurant> or trying to sell you on the virtues of biodynamic wine. Or making you wait while he or she gets the perfect #yolkporn shot at brunch for Instagram. Cold food aside, you still love them all the same and more importantly need to get them something for the holidays. We’ve got you covered like a Salisbury steak — cooked sous vide of course. Here are 10 ideas for the foodies in your life.
1. Gadget: Jetsetter TSA Compliant Corkscrew
No matter where your giftee is headed, they should never leave home without a cork screw (and one that can get through security). Because chances are very high that wherever they end up, a bottle (or two) of wine will be involved — and nothing ruins a vacation faster than an unopened bottle of merlot. Buy: Amazon.com, $12
2. Cosmetic: Travel-Friendly Wine Wipes
Friends don’t let friends walk around on vacation with wine-stained lips (which, let’s be honest, is the true mark of an epic night on the town). Instead, gift your booziest travel companion a box of these teeth and lip stain removers and they’ll never be outed by last night’s antics again. Buy: Amazon.com, $16
3. Travel Bag: VinGardeValise Wine Suitcase
For the person on your list who already has the aforementioned corkscrew and wine wipes, up the ante with this 12-bottle wine suitcase. “Space not used for wine can be be quickly re-purposed to accommodate clothes, books, or other travel goods” — but chances are that won’t be necessary. Buy: Amazon.com, $300
4. Book: Coming to My Senses by Alice Waters
Alice Waters’ memoir about what it was like opening the one and only Chez Panisse in California in the ’70s is a must-read for the foodie in your life. It’s also the perfect way to pass the time on your next flight. Buy: Amazon.com, $17
5. Accessory: Taco-Themed Compression Socks
Taco-themed compression socks: where function meets fashion. Great for men or women of all ages and sizes, this gift makes traveling a little less painful — literally. Buy: Amazon.com, $20
6. Comfort: Hibiki Japanese Harmony Whisky
Sure, comfort items usually mean a cashmere scarf or a nice throw for the couch, but if the person on your list prefers their comfort in liquid form this is the bottle to buy. You don’t even have to know a lot about booze to know that when it comes to whisky, Hibiki is hands down the best. Buy: Drizly.com, $58-$150
7. Subscription: Zingerman’s Bacon Club
Nothing says “Happy Holidays” like a bacon-of-the-month subscription. And not just any subscription: Zingerman’s bacon club was featured on Food Network’s Best Thing I Ever Ate, so it’s got to be good. Buy: Zingermans.com, $100 for three months
8. Gift Card: Shake Shack
The key to picking out a great gift card is usability, which Shake Shack has covered like a ShackBurger with cheese. From Delaware to the Dubai International Airport, this burger currency is good around the world. Buy: ShakeShack.com
9. Random: Joule Sous Vide Machine
If your secret santa can’t stop talking about sous vide, this is the machine to put under the tree. You don’t need a culinary degree to use it, and it’s incredibly easy to store. Chef ego sold separately. Buy: Amazon.com, $169
10. Charity: This Bar Saves Lives Energy Bars
The best gifts to give around the holidays are ones that give back, like these snack bars from the company This Bar Saves Lives. Every time you buy a box of their wild blueberry pistachio or dark chocolate cherry & sea salt snack bars, packets of life-saving food is shipped to malnourished children around the world — reason enough to buy them for everyone on your list. Buy: thisbarsaveslives.com, $20/box of 12 bars
Featured image by Rawpixel / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees