Best Gifts for Foodies
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This is the one chop shop for the food lover in your life. You know the one: Constantly asking if you’ve tried the new burger at <insert hot new restaurant> or trying to sell you on the virtues of biodynamic wine. Or making you wait while he or she gets the perfect #yolkporn shot at brunch for Instagram. Cold food aside, you still love them all the same and more importantly need to get them something for the holidays. We’ve got you covered like a Salisbury steak — cooked sous vide of course. Here are 10 ideas for the foodies in your life.
1. Gadget: Jetsetter TSA Compliant Corkscrew
No matter where your giftee is headed, they should never leave home without a cork screw (and one that can get through security). Because chances are very high that wherever they end up, a bottle (or two) of wine will be involved — and nothing ruins a vacation faster than an unopened bottle of merlot. Buy: Amazon.com, $12
2. Cosmetic: Travel-Friendly Wine Wipes
Friends don’t let friends walk around on vacation with wine-stained lips (which, let’s be honest, is the true mark of an epic night on the town). Instead, gift your booziest travel companion a box of these teeth and lip stain removers and they’ll never be outed by last night’s antics again. Buy: Amazon.com, $16
3. Travel Bag: VinGardeValise Wine Suitcase
For the person on your list who already has the aforementioned corkscrew and wine wipes, up the ante with this 12-bottle wine suitcase. “Space not used for wine can be be quickly re-purposed to accommodate clothes, books, or other travel goods” — but chances are that won’t be necessary. Buy: Amazon.com, $300
4. Book: Coming to My Senses by Alice Waters
Alice Waters’ memoir about what it was like opening the one and only Chez Panisse in California in the ’70s is a must-read for the foodie in your life. It’s also the perfect way to pass the time on your next flight. Buy: Amazon.com, $17
5. Accessory: Taco-Themed Compression Socks
Taco-themed compression socks: where function meets fashion. Great for men or women of all ages and sizes, this gift makes traveling a little less painful — literally. Buy: Amazon.com, $20
6. Comfort: Hibiki Japanese Harmony Whisky
Sure, comfort items usually mean a cashmere scarf or a nice throw for the couch, but if the person on your list prefers their comfort in liquid form this is the bottle to buy. You don’t even have to know a lot about booze to know that when it comes to whisky, Hibiki is hands down the best. Buy: Drizly.com, $58-$150
7. Subscription: Zingerman’s Bacon Club
Nothing says “Happy Holidays” like a bacon-of-the-month subscription. And not just any subscription: Zingerman’s bacon club was featured on Food Network’s Best Thing I Ever Ate, so it’s got to be good. Buy: Zingermans.com, $100 for three months
8. Gift Card: Shake Shack
The key to picking out a great gift card is usability, which Shake Shack has covered like a ShackBurger with cheese. From Delaware to the Dubai International Airport, this burger currency is good around the world. Buy: ShakeShack.com
9. Random: Joule Sous Vide Machine
If your secret santa can’t stop talking about sous vide, this is the machine to put under the tree. You don’t need a culinary degree to use it, and it’s incredibly easy to store. Chef ego sold separately. Buy: Amazon.com, $169
10. Charity: This Bar Saves Lives Energy Bars
The best gifts to give around the holidays are ones that give back, like these snack bars from the company This Bar Saves Lives. Every time you buy a box of their wild blueberry pistachio or dark chocolate cherry & sea salt snack bars, packets of life-saving food is shipped to malnourished children around the world — reason enough to buy them for everyone on your list. Buy: thisbarsaveslives.com, $20/box of 12 bars
Featured image by Rawpixel / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.