Deal alert: Fly to Zurich from various U.S. cities for less than $500 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Who says airfare is too expensive? This latest deal we’ve uncovered has some incredible bargains to Zurich that will compel you to pull out your passport and pack your bags. The departure cities in this sale include New York, San Francisco and Washington, D.C., so if you live in or around those cities, you should take a look at the sample fares we found.
This sale involves economy tickets, so you’ll often have to pay for checked luggage. It’s helpful to know baggage policies before booking so you can figure that into the cost of the trip. Most of the deals we found are for travel in the fall and early 2023.
As we always say, being flexible with your travel plans will help you score the best possible deal. That’s even more true these days with airfare being so expensive. Once you book, keep in mind that Zurich has some beautiful train routes. So if you’re looking to enjoy some incredible train travel while you’re there, be sure to check out TPG’s ultimate guide to Switzerland’s scenic train routes.
Want more TPG news delivered every morning to your inbox? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
Thanks to Scott’s Cheap Flights for first alerting us to this deal. Its Premium membership is available for $49 per year. The Elite tier option is available for $199 per year and it offers access to deals on premium economy, business- and first-class tickets. The more flexible you can be with your travel plans, the better price you’ll find.
Airlines: Icelandair, SAS, Swiss, TAP Air Portugal.
Routes: Chicago, Newark, New York City, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. to Zurich, Switzerland.
How to book: Search Google Flights and book directly through the airline.
Travel dates: From September through March.
There is lots of availability for discounted flights from New York City (JFK) to Zurich (ZRH) in the winter. You can fly nonstop on Swiss for $584 in February. This ticket comes with a free carry-on, but you will have to pay to check a bag.
The prices are actually better for tri-state travelers out of New Jersey. You can fly TAP out of Newark Liberty Airport (EWR) to Zurich in the fall for as low as $488 round trip. We found lots of sub-$500 fares in October and November.
You can also score nice discounts on tickets from San Francisco (SFO) to Switzerland right now. For example, you can fly Economy on SAS in early December for just $507 round trip, huge savings from typical prices.
You can save even more money on this route if you put off your trip until after the new year. This February economy fare on TAP is just $493 round trip.
Some really nice sales on Washington D.C. (IAD) tickets to Zurich are available, too. We found several itineraries in January and February for as low as $506 round trip.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Comezora/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees