Deal alert: Flights from West Coast cities to Maui from $237
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s hard not to get excited when there are airfare deals to Hawaii. American Airlines is offering flights from West Coast cities to Maui starting below $250 round-trip.
“The Valley Isle” of Maui is the second-largest island in Hawaii and is home to a variety of beautiful beaches, mountains, historic towns such as Lahaina and Paia and the scenic Hana Highway. Maui is a great location for any traveler with a sense of adventure.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
TheFlightDeal first reported this deal which is available from April to May.
Routes: LAX/PDX/PHX/SEA to OGG
How to book: Search Google Flights and book directly through the airline
Travel dates: April – May
The offers below are for main cabin seats on American Airlines, which include a carry-on and seat selection. A checked bag will cost $30 each way.
The cheapest deal we found was from Los Angeles (LAX) to Maui (OGG) for $237 round trip on a nonstop flight.
For a buck more, flights from Phoenix (PHX) to Maui (OGG) are available for $238 round trip. The departure flight includes a stop in Los Angeles (LAX) for nearly two hours.
Flights from Portland (PDX) to Maui (OGG) are available for $315 round-trip. The trip includes a stop in Los Angeles (LAX) each way.
For the same price, travelers flying from Seattle can go to Maui (OGG) for $315 round-trip. But be warned: The departure flight has a layover in Los Angeles (LAX) of nearly four hours, and on the return flight there is a stop in Phoenix (PHX) for almost three hours.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Whether you want to go snorkeling, whale watching, or hiking and ziplining through lush greenery, Maui has many things to explore and experience no matter what type of traveler you are.
Featured photo by Matt Anderson/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees