This deal alert is a safe bet: Fly to Vegas with sub-$100 round-trip fares
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A winter escape to Las Vegas is a surefire way to cure the post-holiday blues. And no matter where you live, there are better-than-even odds that you can find a great price on a ticket to the desert and a few days of distractions that only Vegas can offer.
This deal includes departures from more than 30 U.S. cities, with more than a few nonstops available at great prices. This sale works in reverse if you live in Las Vegas and need a break from the neon and noise of the Strip.
Want TPG news and deal alerts delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
Big thanks to the fine folks at Thrifty Traveler for alerting us about this deal, which they sent out first to their premium subscribers. That service is available for $7.99 monthly or $49.99 annually. This membership fee can easily pay for itself since you’ll get notified of cheap flights, award flight sales and business-class deals straight to your email.
Nonmembers can find sale prices by using Google Flights to search for desired routes and dates.
The fares on American and United are Main Cabin seats, which come with a carry-on and seat assignment. Alaska Air and Delta fares are basic economy tickets. The sale extends from January to October, but we saw the best availability for winter travel.
Airlines: Alaska Air, American, Delta and United.
Routes: ATL/AUS/CLT/CVG/DFW/DTW/EWR/FLL/LAX/MIA/MSP/MSY/ORD/PHL/SLC/SFO and other cities to LAS.
Cost: Round-trip flights are available from $76.
Dates: January-October 2022; availability varies by city.
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you live in Minneapolis, you can fly nonstop on Delta for just $97. We saw lots of availability in January, and even better, there were several return flights that leave in the afternoon. That gives you a few extra hours in Vegas to push your luck or to enjoy a nice leisurely morning before heading home.
There are lots of bargain fares to be found out of L.A. bound for the desert during the winter. This itinerary on Alaska gets you there for only $77 round-trip.
This deal I found is specifically for football fans. One of the best times to visit Vegas is during Super Bowl weekend, and this year the NFL’s biggest game lands on Feb. 13. This Saturday-Monday trip is quick but it’s only $77. And it lets you enjoy Super Sunday in one of the very best places to do so, outside of the actual stadium where the game is happening.
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Vegas can be booked for just $97 round-trip on Delta (basic economy), with lots of availability in February.
We found many fares from Philadelphia (PHL) to Vegas for $137 nonstop on American. That’s for a Main Cabin seat, too.
And you can fly nonstop from Detroit (DTW) for only $139 on Delta in January. There were quite a few available seats at this price when we checked.
Related: How to do Vegas on a budget
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, like The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
There is much more to do in Vegas than hit the casinos and clubs. If neither of those things appeals to you, don’t worry. The city is full of great options for non-gamblers. Once you book your flight, make sure to do some advance prep work so you can have the best possible time.
Featured photo by Siegfried Layda/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees