Deal alert: US cities to Valencia, Spain for under $400 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
From its famous festivals to its medieval historic quarter and legendary paella, Valencia is one of Spain’s most captivating cities. If you’re in the mood for the unique cultural riches of Spain’s third-largest city, consider this enticing offer from TAP Portugal: flights for less than $400 from many major U.S. cities.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Secret Flying was the first to report these deals, with travel dates from January to June 2022.
Airline: TAP Air Portugal
Routes: BOS/EWR/JFK/IAD/ORD to VLC.
How to book: Directly through the airline site or via Google Flights.
Travel dates: January to June 2022.
The fares below are in the Basic tier on TAP Air Portugal, which includes a personal item and carry-on bag. Checked bag and seat selection options are available for additional fees. Each itinerary also includes a stop in Lisbon, Portugal on departing and returning flights.
One of the more affordable fares we found was from Boston (BOS) to Valencia (VLC) from the end of February to the beginning of March at $343 round-trip.
Those in New York can fly from JFK to Valencia (VLC) from the end of April to the beginning of May for $363 round-trip.
If you’re flying out of Newark (EWR) you can fly round-trip in February for $398.
Flights from Chicago (ORD) in February will cost a little over $400 round-trip.
If your departure city is Washington D.C. (IAD), you can fly to Valencia (VLC) from mid-February through March for $432.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Valencia’s most famous festival (Las Fallas) takes place in March, but the appeal of this multi-faceted Mediterranean city is year-round. Don’t miss the opportunity to experience intriguing Valencia in 2022.
Featured image by Sergio Formoso/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees