Delta flash sale: Flights to Tokyo have dropped to 30k SkyMiles R/T
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta is back with another great flash sale! While there are several domestic and international options on the page, we’ve spotted some great deals to Tokyo. We’re seeing flights from around the country to Tokyo (NRT and HND) starting at just 30,000 SkyMiles plus taxes and fees in Main Cabin. Comfort+ tickets are starting at 42,000 SkyMiles.
Delta’s website is showing availability from Los Angeles (LAX), Portland (PDX) and Seattle (SEA), but I was also able to find availability from San Francisco (SFO) and Las Vegas (LAS) so it’s worth doing a search yourself to find the closest city to you. To search, we recommend using Delta’s “Flexible Dates” calendar, and making sure to check “shop with miles” when looking at search results.
TPG values each SkyMile at 1.2 cents, so 30,000 miles represents a cash equivalent of $360. If you’re in need of SkyMiles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Delta at a 1:1 ratio.
Routes: LAX/SFO/PDX/SEA/LAS/BOS/JFK/EWR/IAD/BWI – NRT/HND
Cost: 30,000+ SkyMiles plus taxes and fees round-trip in Main Cabin
Dates: November – December 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Tokyo (NRT) for 30,000 SkyMiles + $61.15 round-trip (returns from HND):
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (HND) for 30,000 SkyMiles + $61.15 round-trip (returns from NRT):
Portland (PDX) to Tokyo (NRT) for 34,000 SkyMiles + $56.05 round-trip nonstop:
Seattle (SEA) to Tokyo (NRT) for 34,000 SkyMiles + $56.05 round-trip nonstop:
San Francisco (SFO) to Tokyo (HND) for 38,000 SkyMiles + $61.65 round-trip in Comfort+ (returns from NRT):
Boston (BOS) to Tokyo (NRT) for 40,000 SkyMiles + $61.65 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Tokyo (NRT) for 40,000 SkyMiles + $61.65 round-trip (also works from EWR):
Washington (IAD) to Tokyo for 40,000 SkyMiles + $61.65 round-trip (also works from BWI):
Boosting your SkyMiles balance
There are a variety of ways to earn Delta miles — from Delta-operated flights to trips on SkyTeam airlines to various non-travel partners. However, one of the best ways to boost your SkyMiles balance to score a few free trips is by adding one of these cards to your arsenal:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express ($550 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); 60,000-point welcome bonus after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first three months, though be sure to check the CardMatch Tool to see if you’re targeted for a 100,000-point welcome bonus after spending $5,000 in the first three months (offer subject to change at any time). You can transfer Membership Rewards points directly to Delta SkyMiles. Terms Apply.
- The Business Platinum® Card from American Express ($595 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); Earn up to 75,000 bonus points: 50,000 bonus points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 bonus points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Terms Apply.
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card ($450 annual fee; $550 if application is received on or after 1/30/2020; See Rates & Fees); Earn 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 40,000 Bonus Miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first three months. Terms Apply.
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express ($95 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first three months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Amex Business Platinum Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta Reserve Business Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Gold Delta SkyMiles Card, click here.
Featured image courtesy of Matteo Colombo/Getty Images
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel