Deal alert: Fly to San Juan from $257
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Puerto Rico is home to many historical landmarks from forts to cathedrals and museums. There are many ways travelers can experience this destination’s past. American Airlines is offering deals to San Juan for much of the year, except during the summer, for under $300 round trip. Don’t forget to visit historic Old San Juan and other UNESCO World Heritage sites while there.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
SecretFlying first published these discounted fares to San Juan, available from April to December, not including the summer months.
Routes: AUS/BNA/DCA/LGA/MSY to SJU
How to book: Directly through the airline or through Google Flights
Travel dates: April – December (excluding summer)
The deals below are for basic economy tickets on American Airlines, which include a carry-on. A checked bag will cost $30 each way.
The cheapest deal we found was from New Orleans (MSY) to San Juan (SJU) for $257 round-trip. This offer has a stop in Miami (MIA) each way.
You can travel from Nashville (BNA) to San Juan (SJU) for $267 round trip. There is a short stop in Dallas (DFW) on the departure flight and a layover in Miami (MIA) when returning.
There are flights available from Austin (AUS) to San Juan (SJU) at the price of $285 round trip. The departure flight includes a stop in Miami (MIA) and the return flight is direct.
Flights from Washington, D.C., (DCA) to San Juan (SJU) are as low as $293 round trip. This deal includes a stop in Philadelphia (PHL) on the departure and a layover in Miami (MIA) on the way back.
If you’re flying from New York (LGA) to San Juan (SJU), you can book a flight for as low as $294 round trip. There is a stop in Miami (MIA) on the departure and a short layover in Charlotte (CLT) when returning.
MAXIMIZE YOUR PURCHASE
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
From trying the Bacalaito seafood dish to indulging in the plantain dish that is mofongo, Puerto Rico has cuisine to wake up your taste buds. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to visit San Juan.
Featured photo by Sean Pavone/Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees