Deal alert: Round-trip flights to Costa Rica under $300
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Want to trade in your winter boots for flip-flops or hiking shoes? From surfing, sailing or simply relaxing on beaches to exploring the jungle landscape, the riches of Costa Rica are plentiful. Airlines such as Alaska, American, Delta, United and JetBlue will get you there throughout much of 2022 for under $300 round-trip.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The deal was first reported by our friends at Scott’s Cheap Flights and is available from January to November 2022. Most of the inexpensive flights we have come across are between January and March 2022.
Airlines: Alaska, American, Delta, JetBlue and United.
Routes: JFK/LAX/DCA/CLT to LIR.
How to book: Directly through airlines’ sites or via Google Flights.
Travel dates: January to November 2022.
One of the most affordable flights we found was from Los Angeles (LAX) to Liberia (LIR) at $231 round-trip with a stop in Miami (MIA) at the beginning of February. This is a basic economy fare, which includes a standard seat and a carry-on bag. A checked bag and seat selection are available for additional fees.
Throughout February there are several options for round-trip flights from Washington, D.C (DCA), to Liberia. In mid-February, we found seats in basic economy for $236.
At the beginning of February, those in New York (JFK) who want an escape from winter can head to Liberia for $258 round-trip. This is a JetBlue Blue Basic seat, so you will have to pay extra for a carry-on and a checked bag.
From Charlotte (CLT) to Liberia (LIR), we found fares of $281 round-trip with one stop in Miami (MIA) on American Airlines in mid-February.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel. Frequent JetBlue flyers can use the JetBlue Plus Card for 6x on eligible JetBlue purchases, the JetBlue Card for 3x on eligible JetBlue purchases or the JetBlue Business Card for 6x on eligible JetBlue purchases.
The information for the JetBlue Card, the JetBlue Plus Card, the JetBlue Business Card and the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
It’s hard to resist the appeal of Costa Rica, especially during the winter. Take advantage of this affordable getaway before these deals sell out.
Featured photo by Fertnig/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees