Deal Alert: Resorts World rooms as low as $60 (before resort fees)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Is it aggressive pricing, or an early sign of trouble?
Whatever the case, the newest casino/hotel property on the Vegas Strip, Resorts World Las Vegas, is offering up discounts as much as 50 percent for some of its hotel rooms. Considering the massive complex just opened in June, seeing prices slash that significantly this quickly is surprising.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Checking the Resorts World website, we saw some rooms at the Conrad Las Vegas, one of three hotels on the property, on sale for as low as $59.50 per night between Sun-Thur. Friday and Saturday night rooms were more expensive, but there were rooms available for the last two Fridays in August for $144 a night. These do not include resort fees, which run around $60. So if you’re able to arrive on a Thursday, or even better, book a mid-week visit to Vegas, you can score a great deal on a room at the newest property on the Strip.
To be eligible for these rates, you’ll need to join Genting Rewards which is Resorts World loyalty program. There is no cost for signing up.
These rates are great news for travelers, but it obviously isn’t something they’re popping bottles for in the management offices at Resorts World. But when you have 3,500 rooms to fill, sometimes price-cutting is the most expeditious way to do it.
Then again, when Resorts World opened, it looked like Vegas and the rest of the country was close to putting the pandemic in our rear view. However, as the rate of vaccinations slowed and the delta strain of the virus started spreading rapidly, the desert destination has had to put the brakes on its post-pandemic revival plans.
Vegas put its indoor mask mandate back in place after COVID-19 cases began surging again. And there is talk that some Vegas casinos are considering following the lead of Harrah’s New Orleans Hotel & Casino and mandating vaccines for its workforce. Being so dependent on tourism for its financial health means Las Vegas is once again in a precarious position as the U.S. struggles with this latest wave of the coronavirus.
If things don’t improve soon, there’s a good chance other casinos will join Resorts World in slashing hotel room prices as a last-ditch effort to lure visitors.
Featured image by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees