Prime Day Deal Alert: Unlocked Samsung, Google and LG Smartphones Up to 56% Off
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Black Friday Prime Day is finally here, and Amazon has a ton of amazing deals in store. But with thousands of products to choose from, and new deals starting as often as every five minutes, it’s easy to get lost and think that you’re actually in the Amazon. To help you on this hunt, we here at TPG are scouring Amazon all day to find the best deals that might be worth a look. And while the discounts are exciting in and of themselves, there are also ways to maximize your return on Amazon spending during this two-day sale, which you can read about at the end of the post.
Although the sale officially ends today, some deals may expire and quantities are limited, so if you’re interested in an offer, you’ll need to act quick. As a reminder, these discounts are available exclusively to Amazon Prime members. If you’re not currently an Amazon Prime member, you can sign up today for a free trial to take advantage of the sale. In addition, Prime Student allows college students to receive a free six-month trial membership.
If you’re an Android user — or want to become one — then these deals are for you. Amazon is currently offering Samsung, Google and LG smartphones for as much as 56% off. Among the phones on sale is the Google Pixel 3 XL, which TPG’s Zach Honig likes to use to capture still photos in low-light, such as in his tour of United’s 787-10. All of the deals are for unlocked phones, meaning you can use SIM cards from any carrier, either domestic or international and seamlessly swap them as you travel.
If you’re going to take advantage of one these deal, consider purchasing your new cell phone with a credit card that provides cell phone loss and damage protection. It’s a feature that many of us on the TPG team have had experience with:
- iPhone XS water damage on the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
- LG Nexus 5X motherboard failure on the Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Apple Watch cracked screen on the The Platinum Card® from American Express
Here are the deals:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget, you can maximize your rewards on Amazon purchases by using a credit card such as the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Citi Double Cash Card or The Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express. Check out this post for a deeper dive into the best cards for Amazon purchases — not only on Prime Day, but every day of the year. You can also stack different promotions, such as the 20% discount by using just one Amex Membership Reward point and a $10 promotional credit by spending $10+ at Whole Foods.
Follow The Points Guy for comprehensive coverage of Prime Day 2019 — click here for more great deals.
Featured image by Mirko Vitali / EyeEm / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.