Deal Alert: Round-trip flights from US cities to Maine under $200
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Maine calls itself “Vacationland” and there’s good reason for that. A road trip along the state’s winding, craggy coastline (with stops at assorted lobster shacks) is quintessential Americana. Now, this deal from American, Delta and United will help you experience the country’s northeasternmost state for under $200 round-trip.
Want your TPG news delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
The deal was originally sent out by Thrifty Traveler to its Premium members, who are notified about cheap flights, award flight sales and business-class deals by email for $7.99 monthly or $49.99 annually.
The offer applies to travel from January through November 2022 but most of the cheapest flights we found were at the beginning of the year in January through March 2022.
Airlines: American, Delta and United.
Routes: LGA/EWR/IAD/MSY/SAV/SFO and more cities to PWM.
How to book: Directly through airline sites or Google Flights.
Travel dates: January – November 2022.
The widespread deal includes round-trip flights from major U.S. cities to Portland, Maine (PWM) for under $200.
- Baltimore (BWI) – $154
- Detroit (DTW) – $166
- New Orleans (MSY) – $197
- New York (LGA) – $127
- Newark (EWR) – $166
- Philadelphia (PHL) – $161
- San Francisco (SFO) – $168
- Savannah (SAV) – $182
- Seattle (SEA) – $168
- Washington, D.C. (IAD) – $186
One of the cheapest deals we found was from New York (LGA) to Portland (PWM) for $127 round-trip in January on Delta. The fare is for a Delta’s Basic Economy ticket, which includes a carry-on. Additional fees apply for seat selection and a checked bag.
On the West Coast, we found some availability from San Fransisco (SFO) to Portland (PWM) in February for $168 round-trip. The American Airlines Main Cabin fare includes a carry-on and free seat selection, with an additional fee for a checked bag.
Savannah, GA to Portland is available at the beginning of March for $182 round-trip. The fare is for an Economy ticket on United which includes free seat selection and carry-on but additional fees for priority boarding and a checked bag.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Acclaimed national parks, sandy beaches, lighthouses and storied maritime history are but a few reasons why Maine is an Atlantic coastal gem. This offer makes a visit there even more enticing.
Featured image by Wyatt Smith/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees