Act fast: Business-class flights to Paris on sale for travel through April, some under $2,000
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While everyone seems to be traveling to Europe this summer, why not plan ahead and simultaneously save money by booking a business-class deal to Paris for travel starting in December through next spring?
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airlines: Lufthansa, Condor and Azores.
Routes: New York, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Miami, Minneapolis, Newark and Washington, D.C., to Paris.
How to book: Directly through the airline.
Travel dates: December 2022-April 2023.
Book by: Two-three days.
This deal was originally sent out from Scott’s Cheap Flights. Sign up for a Premium membership — which users can try for free for 14 days or $49 per year — and get deals up to 90% off. You can also upgrade to the Elite tier for $199 per year and receive all the Premium deals plus premium economy, business-class and first-class alerts.
These flights to Paris are available from a handful of U.S. cities, starting at $1,900 round-trip. Example flights include:
- From Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), starting at $1,933.
- From John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), starting at $1,980.
- From Miami International Airport (MIA), starting at $2,483.
- From Minneapolis−St. Paul International Airport (MSP), starting at $2,550.
- From Dulles International Airport (IAD), starting at $2,722.
To search availability for these flights and others, start by browsing Google Flights with your desired dates of travel. For example, you could fly Condor from JFK in mid-February for just under $1,980 round-trip.
For this flight specifically, be sure to note the two-hour-plus layover each way in Frankfurt Airport (FRA). Although fare classes vary by carrier, Condor’s business class allots passengers one free carry-on and checked bag, plus lie-flat seats.
This fare type for long-haul flights is nonrefundable but you can cancel for $215 or pay the fare difference to change your ticket up to 24 hours ahead of travel. Business-class flyers also get priority access to check in at the airport, to board and to collect your bags.
Travelers departing from Boston can find a slightly lower-priced business-class flight on Azores Airlines in late November for $1,940, with two-hour layovers both ways in Ponta Delgada Airport João Paulo II (PDL).
Unlike Condor’s business-class flights, Azores’ executive class does not provide lie-down seats; instead, its seats recline about 40 degrees. Additionally, its business-class fares are fully refundable and offer the same in terms of checked and carry-on luggage: One of each is included.
Maximize your purchase
If you book this deal, make sure to use a card that will earn bonus points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar on airfare), the Citi Premier® Card or the Chase Sapphire Reserve (both 3 points per dollar on airfare), the American Express® Gold Card (3 points per dollar on airfare booked directly through the airline or Amex Travel) and the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
These routes would normally cost you around $3,500 to fly business class, which means this deal is likely to go quickly for departure cities that are priced under $2,000 in particular. Plus, there’s no better way to start your Parisian adventure than by flying in style.
Featured photo by Caroline Tanner/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees