Norwegian Sale: Nonstop Flights to Europe From $232 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
We’ve seen plenty of cheap flights to Europe during the winter months, even on full-service carriers. However, many of those deals require a connection to get the low price. If nonstops are more your thing, Norwegian’s still running its New Year Sale, which is offering plenty of direct flights to Europe over the next couple of months.
Flights to most of Norwegian’s destinations appear to be on sale, so head to carrier’s site and use their low-fare calendar to search for the cheapest dates from your preferred origin city. Nonstop flights to Paris (CDG), Dublin (DUB) and Rome (FCO) seem to be the cheapest.
Remember that Norwegian is a budget carrier (although many TPG staff members are fans), so you’ll have to pay for a checked bag and to select your seat. However, this is similar to other full-service carriers’ transatlantic basic economy fares that impose the same ancillary fees.
Routes: JFK/EWR/FLL/BOS/ORD/PVD/OAK/SFO/SWF/MCO and more to AMS/DUB/SNN/CDG/LGW/FCO/CPH/ARN
Cost: $232+ round-trip
Travel Dates: January through April for the lowest fares
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Providence (PVD) to Dublin (DUB) for $232 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
New York Stewart (SWF) to Dublin (DUB) for $244 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
New York Stewart (SWF) to Bergen (BGO) for $264 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) for $289 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
Newark (EWR) to Rome (FCO) for $299 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
New York (JFK) to Stockholm (ARN) for $312 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
New York (JFK) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $319 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
Chicago (ORD) to London (LGW) for $325 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Paris (CDG) for $359 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Javier Melgar via Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees