Norwegian Sale: Nonstop Flights to Europe From $232 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
We’ve seen plenty of cheap flights to Europe during the winter months, even on full-service carriers. However, many of those deals require a connection to get the low price. If nonstops are more your thing, Norwegian’s still running its New Year Sale, which is offering plenty of direct flights to Europe over the next couple of months.
Flights to most of Norwegian’s destinations appear to be on sale, so head to carrier’s site and use their low-fare calendar to search for the cheapest dates from your preferred origin city. Nonstop flights to Paris (CDG), Dublin (DUB) and Rome (FCO) seem to be the cheapest.
Remember that Norwegian is a budget carrier (although many TPG staff members are fans), so you’ll have to pay for a checked bag and to select your seat. However, this is similar to other full-service carriers’ transatlantic basic economy fares that impose the same ancillary fees.
Routes: JFK/EWR/FLL/BOS/ORD/PVD/OAK/SFO/SWF/MCO and more to AMS/DUB/SNN/CDG/LGW/FCO/CPH/ARN
Cost: $232+ round-trip
Travel Dates: January through April for the lowest fares
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Providence (PVD) to Dublin (DUB) for $232 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
New York Stewart (SWF) to Dublin (DUB) for $244 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
New York Stewart (SWF) to Bergen (BGO) for $264 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) for $289 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
Newark (EWR) to Rome (FCO) for $299 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
New York (JFK) to Stockholm (ARN) for $312 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
New York (JFK) to Amsterdam (AMS) for $319 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
Chicago (ORD) to London (LGW) for $325 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Paris (CDG) for $359 round-trip nonstop on Norwegian:
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Javier Melgar via Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.