Fly to Florida through next year for less than $200 round trip
Although this weekend marked the unofficial start of summer, we know that like all good things, summer will come to an end in just a few short months.
Do your future self a favor by booking a flight to the beaches of Florida for later this year when summer is no longer upon us. This deal features round-trip flights, most less than $200, to Tampa, Fort Myers, Sarasota and Daytona Beach for travel through next March.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airlines: United, Delta and JetBlue.
Routes: Charleston, South Carolina; New York City; Newark; St. Louis; Atlanta; Washington, D.C.; Boston; and others to Tampa, Sarasota, Fort Myers and Daytona Beach.
How to book: Directly through the airline.
Travel dates: June and September 2022-March 2023; exact availability depends on the route.
Book by: ASAP.
Thanks to Scott’s Cheap Flights for sending us this deal. SCF sends deals up to 90% off via its Premium membership, which users can try for free for 14 days and then $49 per year. You can also upgrade to the Elite tier for $199 per year and receive all the Premium deals plus premium economy, business-class and first-class alerts.
Read more: TPG’s ultimate guide to Miami and South Florida
This sale includes round-trip flights departing from across the U.S. to the four Florida cities, including the below routes:
- Charleston International Airport (CHS) to Tampa International Airport (TPA), starting at $78.
- Bradley International Airport (BDL) to Sarasota Bradenton International Airport (SRQ), starting at $138.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)/LaGuardia Airport (LGA) to TPA, starting at $148.
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) to TPA, starting at $168.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) to SRQ/Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB)/Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW), starting at $178.
- LGA to SRQ, starting at $179.
- JFK to DAB, starting at $184.
- EWR to RSW, starting at $188.
- JFK to SRQ, starting at $193.
- Dulles International Airport (IAD)/Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) to DAB, starting at $194.
- BDL/DCA/Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG)/Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP)/Tweed New Haven Airport (HVN) to RSW, starting at $198.
To search this deal, first head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination, along with your travel dates. For this deal specifically, the cheapest fares available on JetBlue Airways and United Airlines are for Blue Basic and basic economy, respectively, which do not include a full-size carry-on and cost $60 to $70 to check a bag.
For example, you could fly EWR-TPA in mid-December via United's basic economy for $168.
In order to fly United and carry on a full-size bag, you would have to pay $60 (round-trip) to upgrade to economy class.
Although the lowest-priced fares on both United and JetBlue will be the most restrictive, there are flights slightly higher than advertised for Delta Air Lines' basic economy, which does allow a traditional carry-on.
Related: Florida's top 10 vacation regions for different types of travelers
If you come across a basic economy fare, be sure to double-check what you'd have to give up for that fare. Your first checked bag costs $60 to $70 round-trip on all airlines.
Maximize your purchase
If you book this deal, be sure to use a credit card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year). Or try the Citi Prestige® Card (5 points per dollar on airfare), the Citi Premier® Card (see rates and fees) or the Chase Sapphire Reserve (both of which offer 3 points per dollar on airfare). The American Express® Gold Card also awards 3 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel. Lastly, consider the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2 points per dollar on travel). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
This deal is 1 day old, which means some of the listed fares may already be gone. If you want to book this deal, take note of the fare type available and consider flying Delta if possible for its generous carry-on policy.
Related: A perfect Florida getaway in Clearwater, Dunedin and St. Petersburg