Deal alert: Flights to the Dominican Republic from under $250 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Need a break from shoveling snow? How do the palm trees and white sandy beaches of the Caribbean sound? We’ve found some great deals to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic from major cities for less than $250 round-trip on American, Delta, JetBlue, United and WestJet. Travel from February to November, with the best deals in the dead of winter, which is when you want to go, right?
Want your TPG news delivered straight to your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
Thrifty Traveler initially sent out this deal to its Premium members, who are notified about cheap flights, award flight sales and business-class deals by email for $7.99 monthly or $49.99 annually.
Airlines: American, Delta, JetBlue, United and WestJet
Routes: BOS/EWR/JFK/FLL/PHL/MIA/SJU to PUJ.
How to book: Directly through airline sites or Google Flights.
Travel dates: February-November.
The deal includes Basic Economy round-trip flights from various cities in North America including:
- Austin (AUS) – $335
- Boston (BOS) – $369
- Chicago (ORD) – $234
- Cleveland (CLE) – $389
- Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) – $294
- Miami (MIA) – $210
- Montreal (YUL) – $366
- New York (JFK) – $238
- Newark (EWR) – $238
- Philadelphia (PHL) – $238
- Raleigh (RDU) – $383
- San Juan (SJU) – $208
- Savannah (SAV) – $389
- Toronto (YYZ) – $361
Some of the cheapest flight options to the Dominican Republic that we found were from Florida. Fly from Miami (MIA) to Punta Cana (PUJ) starting at $210 round-trip on American Airlines. This ticket includes a standard seat and carry-on, but expect to pay extra fees for a checked item and seat selection.
Fly from San Juan (SJU) to the Dominican Republic (PUJ) for $208 round-trip. We found the fastest and cheapest flight in February on JetBlue. The ticket is for a Blue Basic seat, which means you will pay an additional fee for a carry-on, checked item and seat selection.
Travelers from the Big Apple can fly round-trip on JetBlue for $238 round-to Punta Cana (PUJ). The Blue Basic seat is available from New York (JFK) throughout February and March at this price.
Flights are also available from Newark (EWR) to Punta Cana (PUJ) at the same price of $238 round-trip for United Basic Economy. The fare does not include a carry-on, checked bag or seat selection.
Leave the wintry weather of Chicago (ORD) for sunshine in Punta Cana (PUJ) on a United flight for $234 round-trip. The Basic Economy fare is available from the end of February to the beginning of March, with a stop in Washington D.C. (IAD).
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points. Frequent JetBlue fliers can use the JetBlue Plus Card for 6 points per dollar on eligible JetBlue purchases, the JetBlue Card for 3 points per dollar on eligible JetBlue purchases or the JetBlue Business Card for 6 points per dollar on eligible JetBlue purchases.
The information for the JetBlue Card, the JetBlue Plus Card, the JetBlue Business Card and the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Whether you want to pamper yourself with a stay at a luxury beach resort, bring out your adventurous side with a ziplining excursion or simply enjoy the beauty of Punta Cana, this deal may be just what you need to beat the winter doldrums.
Featured photo by Summer Hull/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees