Finnair sale: Fly to Helsinki, Stockholm and other European cities from $353
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Finnair has been busy in the new year as it accelerates and updates its premium flight offerings. The carrier, a member of the Oneworld alliance, just announced it is introducing brand-new seats for its long-haul business class service along with the debut of premium economy as a new class offering. The dates for the premiere of those offerings will be revealed on March 1, but until then, you can take advantage of an excellent sale the airline has going on.
There are flights to Europe departing from New York, Boston, Miami and even the west coast at great prices. It’s not just economy seating either. Business-class seats are also up for grabs at strong discounts. All tickets booked by May 31 can be changed for free.
You can take advantage of these deals by going to Finnair.com. But don’t wait too long as the sale ends Feb. 21.
Routes: DFW/JFK/LAX/MIA/ORD and SEA to various European cities
Cost: Flights from $353 roundtrip
Dates: Best availability through May; must book by Feb. 21
- Miami (MIA) to Helsinki (HEL) – $388
- Chicago (ORD) to Helsinki (HEL) – $388
- Dallas (DFW) to Stockholm (ARN) – $412
- NYC (JFK) to Stockholm (ARN) – $353
- Seattle (SEA) to Helsinki (HEL) – $439
Miami (MIA) to Helsinki (HEL) is on sale for under $400 right now for a roundtrip economy light ticket. This is Finnair’s barebones option, but you do get a carry-on. That’s a great price for a direct flight to Finland in the spring.
Chicago (ORD) to Helsinki is also included in the sale. Most of the sub-$400 fares seemed to be gone but we found this itinerary for just $388 in March that is too good to pass up.
You can fly from NYC’s Kennedy Airport (JFK) to Stockholm, Sweden (ARN), in April for just $353 in Economy Light nonstop. We actually found this great price available from March to May, so if you live in the New York City area, jump on this deal.
As we mentioned, Finnair’s sale also extends to its business-class seats. The same NYC-Stockholm itinerary in business class is priced just under $6,600, which is incredibly expensive, but if you search now you can find a business class round-trip for as low as $2,213 for other routes. If flying business class is within your budget, you can score a good deal.
Miami to Moscow (SVO) in business class is available at a reduced rate.
Some nice deals to be had for west coast travelers, too. You can fly from Seattle (SEA) to Helsinki in April for $439 roundtrip.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card (3 points per dollar on air travel); Chase Sapphire Reserve (3 points per dollar on air travel); the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Henryk Sadura/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees