Dublin deal alert: Flights to Ireland for as low as $335 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now that travel restrictions to Europe have been eased, travelers are eagerly planning an overseas visit. If you’re having trouble deciding which country to visit, how about Ireland?
Our friends at Scott’s Cheap Flights have found scores of bargain economy fares to Dublin that make visiting the Emerald Isle an easy choice. Round-trip fares as low as $335 can be had for travel to Ireland from over 100 different U.S. cities. These fares often go for more than $800, so you’re saving some serious cash!
For more TPG news delivered each morning right to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter!
Related: A toast to the best bars in Dublin
These reduced fares can be found for travel between November and March 2022. Christmas and New Year’s are excluded from the deal. Again, these are economy fares, so they come with restrictions on bags and seat selections, depending on the airline. So make sure to review the details carefully before you buy the ticket.
You can get discounted prices on an array of airlines, such as Air Canada (Star Alliance), American and British Airways (Oneworld), Delta (SkyTeam) and United (Star Alliance).
Airline: Air Canada, Air France, American Airlines, British Airways, Delta, KLM, Lufthansa and United.
Routes: ATL/AUS/BHM/BUR/BWI/CAK/EWR/JFK/SFO and many others to Dublin (DUB).
Cost: Lowest fares start at $335 round-trip for some routes.
Dates: November 2021-March 2022 (Christmas and New Year’s excluded).
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The bulk of the best prices we saw were for travel in December and beyond, but there are some low prices in November on some routes. Here are a few examples of the round-trip fares to Dublin we found from the following cities:
- Boston (BOS) from $335.
- Burbank, California (BUR), from $440.
- Las Vegas (LAS) from $491.
- Newark (EWR) from $354.
- New York City (JFK) from $340.
- Seattle (SEA) from $457.
- Washington, D.C. (DCA), from $441.
- San Francisco (SFO) from $391.
- Orlando (MCO) from $426.
- Baltimore (BWI) $450.
As always, I’ll begin by pointing out the best deals we found, and they were for flights departing from the NYC area. This economy fare is one example from New York-JFK to Dublin on United’s worldwide partner, Aer Lingus. It comes with a free carry-on bag.
Boston to Dublin in late January will cost you just $335 round-trip, also on Aer Lingus.
Los Angeles to Dublin is also on sale for $440 for an economy seat that comes with a free carry-on.
Another nice West Coast bargain is from Seattle. An economy ticket from the Pacific Northwest to Ireland via United is just $449. You make one stop on the way, and two on the return flight — including one in Zurich — but that’s an incredible savings! Again, it all depends on the type of traveler you are and the flexibility you have. But if you don’t mind the extended layover, you could save a lot of money.
Orlando to Dublin with one stop on a United economy fare is just $441 right now. That comes with a free carry-on, and that’s about it, as this is United’s bare-bones offering.
We found the best availability in February for this route and many of the others, but December also has its bargains. So the more flexible you are about when you can travel, the better your options are.
How to book your flights
The easiest way is if you’re a Scott’s Cheap Flights premium subscriber. But you can also simply use Google Flights, plug in your destination city and start searching for dates that work for your travel schedule.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel), American Express Gold Card (3x on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel), Citi Premier Card (3x on air travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Marco Bottigelli for Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees