Deal Alert: Delta One Suites Award Availability to Europe for 50,000 Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In November 2017, Delta debuted its brand new Delta One Suites on its Airbus A350. Since then, the excellent business class product has been installed on more A350s and onto some of Delta’s 777-200 aircraft.
If you’re interested in trying the product out for yourself, Delta’s going to charge you a lot of miles — even if you can find saver award availability. But, you can book the same award flights through Delta’s partner Virgin Atlantic at a significantly lower rate than what Delta charges. For just 50,000 Flying Club miles you can fly from the US to Europe in this fantastic product. And today, we’re seeing some solid award availability on multiple Delta One Suite routes.
Don’t have Flying Club miles? There are many ways of compiling them. Flying Club is a transfer partner of most of the major point currencies:
- American Express Membership Rewards (1:1, instant transfer)
- Chase Ultimate Rewards (1:1, instant transfer)
- Citi ThankYou Points (1:1, instant transfer)
- Marriott Rewards (3:1 with a 5,000-mile bonus for transferring 60,000 points, <48 hour transfer time)
There are some tricks on how to search Delta award flights on Virgin Atlantic, but we’ve got you covered there too. I’ve laid out the process here.
Routes: ATL/DTW/LAX/MSP to AMS/CDG
Cost: 50,000 miles + $5.60 taxes/fees one-way in Delta One Suites
Book Via: Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Pay Taxes/Fees With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier® Card, (3x on airfare), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare plus trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel plus trip delay insurance). It’s best to stick to a card that offers travel protections with such a low out-of-pocket cost. If you don’t have one of these, book with The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel) or the American Express® Gold Card.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Paris (CDG) for 200,000 miles one-way for four passengers in July in Delta One Suites on the Boeing 777-200:
Atlanta (ATL) to Paris (CDG) for 50,000 miles one-way in Delta One Suites on the Boeing 777-200:
Detroit (DTW) to Amsterdam (AMS) for 50,000 miles one-way in Delta One Suites on the Airbus A350-900:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Paris (CDG) for 50,000 miles one-way in Delta One Suites on the Boeing 777-200:
Minneapolis (MSP) to Paris (CDG) for 50,000 miles one-way in Delta One Suites on the Boeing 777-200:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by TPG Staff.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.