Deal Alert: Delta One Suites Award Availability to Europe for 50,000 Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In November 2017, Delta debuted its brand new Delta One Suites on its Airbus A350. Since then, the excellent business class product has been installed on more A350s and onto some of Delta’s 777-200 aircraft.
If you’re interested in trying the product out for yourself, Delta’s going to charge you a lot of miles — even if you can find saver award availability. But, you can book the same award flights through Delta’s partner Virgin Atlantic at a significantly lower rate than what Delta charges. For just 50,000 Flying Club miles you can fly from the US to Europe in this fantastic product. And today, we’re seeing some solid award availability on multiple Delta One Suite routes.
Don’t have Flying Club miles? There are many ways of compiling them. Flying Club is a transfer partner of most of the major point currencies:
- American Express Membership Rewards (1:1, instant transfer)
- Chase Ultimate Rewards (1:1, instant transfer)
- Citi ThankYou Points (1:1, instant transfer)
- Marriott Rewards (3:1 with a 5,000-mile bonus for transferring 60,000 points, <48 hour transfer time)
There are some tricks on how to search Delta award flights on Virgin Atlantic, but we’ve got you covered there too. I’ve laid out the process here.
Routes: ATL/DTW/LAX/MSP to AMS/CDG
Cost: 50,000 miles + $5.60 taxes/fees one-way in Delta One Suites
Book Via: Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Pay Taxes/Fees With: Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier® Card, (3x on airfare), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare plus trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel plus trip delay insurance). It’s best to stick to a card that offers travel protections with such a low out-of-pocket cost. If you don’t have one of these, book with The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel) or the American Express® Gold Card.
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Paris (CDG) for 200,000 miles one-way for four passengers in July in Delta One Suites on the Boeing 777-200:
Atlanta (ATL) to Paris (CDG) for 50,000 miles one-way in Delta One Suites on the Boeing 777-200:
Detroit (DTW) to Amsterdam (AMS) for 50,000 miles one-way in Delta One Suites on the Airbus A350-900:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Paris (CDG) for 50,000 miles one-way in Delta One Suites on the Boeing 777-200:
Minneapolis (MSP) to Paris (CDG) for 50,000 miles one-way in Delta One Suites on the Boeing 777-200:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by TPG Staff.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees