Delta Flash Sale: Various US Routes for 10,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
For a limited time, Delta SkyMiles members can find award availability for as low as 10,000 miles or $118 round-trip on various US routes as a part of Delta’s “Dream It, Live It” event.
If you don’t see your city or destination on the highlighted sales list, still be sure to check for yourself as you just may find a deal. Additionally, we’re finding the 10k award availability earlier than advertised, like the Tampa (TPA) to New York (JFK) route in September.
Of course, some terms apply. You must book by Aug. 30, 2019 and travel is valid between Jan. 15 – March 7, 2020, but also availability varies by route. To score this deal, you’ll need to book directly at.
To search, plug in your origin airport atalong with one of the sale destinations mentioned above. We recommend using Delta’s “Flexible Dates” calendar, and make sure you toggle to “Miles” when looking at search results.
TPG values each SkyMile at 1.2 cents, so 10,000 miles represents a cash equivalent of $120. If you’re in need of SkyMiles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Delta at a 1:1 ratio.
Routes: Many US cities
Cost: 10,000+ SkyMiles round-trip in Main Cabin (economy) plus taxes and fees
Travel Dates: Jan. 15 – March 7, 2020
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige®Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or amextravel.com) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige and Citi Premier card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Of course, if you’re also in need of a hotel stay to go with your flight, be sure to check out the current Delta Vacations promotion that offers double the value for your SkyMiles when you use them toward a flight + hotel package, as this may offer a better option.
If you just need flights, here are a few examples of what you can book:
Austin (AUS) to Boston (BOS) 10,000 miles + $11.20 in taxes and fees round-trip in economy:
Nashville (BNA) to Seattle (SEA) 10,000 miles + $11.20 in taxes and fees round-trip in economy:
Tampa (TPA) to New York (JFK) 10,000 miles + $11.20 in taxes and fees round-trip in economy:
Boosting Your SkyMiles Balance
There are a variety of ways to earn Delta miles — from Delta-operated flights to trips on SkyTeam airlines to various non-travel partners. However, one of the best ways to boost your SkyMiles balance to score a few free trips is by adding one of these cards to your arsenal:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express ($550 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); 60,000-point welcome bonus after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months, though be sure to check the CardMatch Tool to see if you’re targeted for a 100,000-point welcome bonus after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months (offer subject to change at anytime). You can transfer Membership Rewards points directly to Delta SkyMiles. Terms Apply.
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express ($595 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); Earn 75,000 points after you spend $15,000 on qualifying purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Terms Apply.
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card ($450 annual fee; $550 if application is received on or after 1/30/2020, See Rates & Fees); Earn 40,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express ($95 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured photo courtesy of SkyWest.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Amex Business Platinum Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta Reserve Business Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Gold Delta SkyMiles Card, click here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.