Delta Black Friday 2018 Deals Are Here: Great SkyMiles Fares to Europe and Australia
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Who says Black Friday is reserved for robotic vacuum cleaners and outrageously large televisions? As travel companies far and wide begin to roll out sales of their own, Delta has launched what it describes as “the sale of the year.”
Delta’s Black Friday 2018 deals focus on Europe and Australia, and while cash fares are included, it’s the SkyMiles award sales that have caught our attention. If any of the below look appetizing, you best act fast: You’ll need to purchase by Nov. 25, 2018. Travel must occur between May 23, 2019, and Sept. 3, 2019, which makes this sale an ideal one to go ahead and tick the box when it comes to planning your summer holiday. If you’re looking to do some exploring, check out Get Your Guide for a list of the best activities in whatever locale you jetset to.
If you’re short on miles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into your SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio. If you’re a resident of Washington state, this is a fantastic use of miles earned via Delta’s 12status program.
Although you won’t be able to earn a Delta credit card welcome bonus quickly enough to take advantage of this particular deal, consider applying for a Delta card for the next time the carrier has an award sale. Right now, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a welcome bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
If you have a business, the Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card from American Express is offering a 40,000-mile welcome bonus and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after spending $3,000 in the first three months. You’ll also get gratis SkyClub access and a Domestic First Class, Delta Comfort+ or Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate.
For avid Delta flyers, be sure to pore over our guide to choosing the best credit card for Delta loyalists.
H/T: Miles to Memories
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.