Delta’s Offering Free SkyMiles to Seattle Seahawks Fans Again
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
For the fourth year running, Delta’s pulling out all the stops to put its stamp on Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA). The airline has announced that its 12status fan program will return for another football season.
The battle for SeaTac supremacy has been waging for years, with many suggesting that Delta’s decision to create a hub at SEA was the move that pushed Alaska Airlines to disintegrate its partnership with the carrier.
For those who choose to side with Team Delta this fall, they’ll receive one mile for every Seahawks passing yard during regular and postseason games at home and on the road. Members will also receive Priority Boarding on all Delta flights from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport during the 2019 season starting now and lasting through Feb. 2, 2020.
Delta added a new perk to 12status this year, offering 12% off two Lyft rides (up to $5 off each ride) to or from Sea-Tac through Feb. 3, 2020. You’ll receive the discount after registering for the promo at 12status.com.
We also learned that 12status members from past seasons have redeemed miles earned from the program (paired with miles earned elsewhere) to fly as far as Mauritius (MRU), which is serviced by Delta partner Air France. Delta says its awarded nearly 276 million SkyMiles to Washington residents in the first three years of the program.
Unfortunately, 12status is only open to Washington residents. If you’re a resident of the Evergreen State, you can sign up for or renew your 12status membership at 12status.com to begin earning miles and using perks in Week 1 of the NFL season.
If you’re looking to add even more SkyMiles to your account, consider the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express which provides an additional 10,000 MQMs after reaching a certain level of spend. For avid Delta flyers, be sure to pore over our guide to choosing the best credit card for Delta loyalists. Once you’ve racked up some SkyMiles from 12status and credit card spend, you can read through our guide on the best ways to redeem Delta SkyMiles.
Featured image by Nicolas Economou/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees