Delta’s Offering Free SkyMiles to Seattle Seahawks Fans Again
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
For the fourth year running, Delta’s pulling out all the stops to put its stamp on Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA). The airline has announced that its 12status fan program will return for another football season.
The battle for SeaTac supremacy has been waging for years, with many suggesting that Delta’s decision to create a hub at SEA was the move that pushed Alaska Airlines to disintegrate its partnership with the carrier.
For those who choose to side with Team Delta this fall, they’ll receive one mile for every Seahawks passing yard during regular and postseason games at home and on the road. Members will also receive Priority Boarding on all Delta flights from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport during the 2019 season starting now and lasting through Feb. 2, 2020.
Delta added a new perk to 12status this year, offering 12% off two Lyft rides (up to $5 off each ride) to or from Sea-Tac through Feb. 3, 2020. You’ll receive the discount after registering for the promo at 12status.com.
We also learned that 12status members from past seasons have redeemed miles earned from the program (paired with miles earned elsewhere) to fly as far as Mauritius (MRU), which is serviced by Delta partner Air France. Delta says its awarded nearly 276 million SkyMiles to Washington residents in the first three years of the program.
Unfortunately, 12status is only open to Washington residents. If you’re a resident of the Evergreen State, you can sign up for or renew your 12status membership at 12status.com to begin earning miles and using perks in Week 1 of the NFL season.
If you’re looking to add even more SkyMiles to your account, consider the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express which provides an additional 10,000 MQMs after reaching a certain level of spend. For avid Delta flyers, be sure to pore over our guide to choosing the best credit card for Delta loyalists. Once you’ve racked up some SkyMiles from 12status and credit card spend, you can read through our guide on the best ways to redeem Delta SkyMiles.
Featured image by Nicolas Economou/NurPhoto via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.