Deal Alert: Flights to the Caribbean and Europe From 12,000 SkyMiles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta’s back with another award sale to destinations in the Caribbean and Europe. The deals start at just 12,000 SkyMiles round-trip and include a variety of US departure cities like New York, Boston, Washington DC, Raleigh, Cincinnati, Atlanta, and Minneapolis. We’re seeing the best deals to destinations including Bermuda (BDA), Saint Thomas (STT), London (LHR) and Dublin (DUB). Routes listed in another recent SkyMiles deal appear to still be on sale, like New York to Madrid (MAD) for 20,000 miles round-trip.
It’s worth noting that these deals are in Main Cabin seating, so you’ll be able to check a bag each way and select your seat free of charge.
There are other cities and destinations not highlighted in this post, so be sure to head over to Delta’s award sale page and see if any of these deals fit your travel plans. You may also find deals outside of those listed by Delta, so it can be worth playing around with your departure city and the listed destinations to see how a route is pricing.
If you’re short on miles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into your SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio.
Routes: US Cities (JFK/LGA/EWR/BOS/BWI/RDU/ATL/DET/CVG and likely others) to (BDA/STT/LHR/DUB/MAD and likely others)
Cost: 12,000+ SkyMiles plus taxes and fees in economy
Booking Link: Direct with Delta
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel).
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Bermuda (BDA) for 12,000 miles + $129 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Boston (BOS) to Bermuda (BDA) for 20,000 miles + $129 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
New York (JFK/LGA) to Madrid (MAD) for 20,000 miles + $57 in taxes and fees round-trip:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to London Heathrow (LHR) for 22,000 miles + $178 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Newark (EWR) to Saint Thomas (STT) for 24,000 miles + $15 in taxes and fees round-trip:
Baltimore (BWI) to Saint Thomas (STT) for 25,000 miles + $15 in taxes and fees round-trip:
Raleigh (RDU) to Saint Thomas (STT) for 26,000 miles + $15.16 in taxes and fees round-trip:
Raleigh (RDU) to Bermuda (BDA) for 32,000 miles + $135 in taxes and fees round-trip:
Atlanta (ATL) to Bermuda (BDA) for 32,000 miles + $129 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Atlanta (ATL) to Dublin (DUB) for 32,000 miles + $52 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
Atlanta (ATL) to Bermuda (BDA) for 36,000 miles + $129 in taxes and fees round-trip nonstop:
New York (EWR/JFK) to Dublin (DUB) for 37,000 miles + $45 in taxes and fees round-trip:
Boosting Your SkyMiles Balance
While you couldn’t earn a welcome bonus in time to boost your balance for this wave of deals, you may consider adding a card now in anticipation of flash sales to come. There are a variety of ways to earn Delta miles, from Delta-operated flights to trips on SkyTeam airlines to various non-travel partners. However, one of the best ways to boost your SkyMiles balance to score a few free trips is by adding one of these cards to your arsenal:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express ($550 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); 60,000-point welcome bonus after you use your new card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months, though be sure to check the CardMatch Tool to see if you’re targeted for a 100,000-point welcome bonus after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months; offer subject to change at anytime, (you can transfer Membership Rewards points to Delta SkyMiles instantly) Terms Apply.
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express ($595 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); Earn up to 75,000 bonus points: 50,000 bonus points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 bonus points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Terms Apply.
- Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card ($450 annual fee; $550 if application is received on or after 1/30/2020, See Rates & Fees); Earn 40,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express ($95 annual fee; See Rates & Fees); Earn 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Terms Apply.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Amex Business Platinum Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Delta Reserve Business Card, click here.
For rates and fees of the Gold Delta SkyMiles Card, click here.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.