Deal Alert: Visit Orlando for just 9k Delta SkyMiles or $117 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
With its theme parks, dining, shopping and shorts-friendly weather, Orlando is always an incredibly popular destination. Now you can book a trip for an absurdly low number of Delta SkyMiles. How low? Our pals at Thrifty Traveler found a bunch of routes for just 9,000 SkyMiles for a round-trip ticket. Paying cash? Similar itineraries are as low as $117.
Typically, using miles to book a trip from most U.S. cities to the theme park capital of the world will cost you around 20k miles.
The fares also work in reverse if you want to travel from Orlando to any of the eight eligible cities, so don’t sleep on this Delta deal!
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
These rock-bottom fares are for Basic Economy seats, which means there is no assigned seat before you check in at the gate and you’ll be part of the last group to board the plane. You can upgrade to get a seat assignment on some routes for as little as 1k SkyMiles – and that upgrade also allows for free cancellation if something comes up.
The best availability we saw was for winter travel, but this deal also has 9k routes all the way until August of next year.
Airline: Delta Airlines
Routes: Atlanta (ATL), Boston (BOS), Cincinnati (CVG), Detroit (DTL), Los Angeles (LAX), Minneapolis (MSP), NYC (JFK/LGA) and Raleigh (RDU) to Orlando (MCO).
Cost: 9,000 miles round-trip (plus $11.20 in taxes and fees) for Basic Economy or $117.
Dates: November 2021 to August 2022.
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
This deal is fairly straightforward. Just visit Delta.com and enter one of the eligible departure cities (listed above) and the destination along with desired dates, and click the “Shop with Miles” box.
After that, click the “Price Calendar” tab to see the most dates and how many miles it costs to book travel on which days.
As you can see, Cincinnati residents eager to take part in Disney World’s 50th anniversary celebration and all of its special offerings have several options. This nonstop at the start of December costs you just the 9,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 in taxes/fees:
If not having a seat assignment stresses you out and you have the miles to spare, you can get a bump up to the Main Cabin for just an extra 1,000 SkyMiles.
Atlanta to Orlando is also available for only 9k miles plus $11.20 taxes/fees. Some other flight options on the same days will cost you 21,000 SkyMiles! (Note that upgrading to Main Cabin for an Atlanta itinerary will cost you an additional 3,000 miles.)
Detroit has lots of available dates for this great miles deal, especially in January, when an escape from the frigid Michigan winter to enjoy rides such as Universal Orlando’s spectacular Velocicoaster is especially appealing. Again, it’s for Basic Economy, but 1,000 extra miles gets you the Main Cabin upgrade.
How to book
You don’t need any special codes to book these fares. Just visit Delta.com, click the “Shop with Miles” option and search for flights from your preferred destination for the dates you want.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns additional points on the remaining taxes and fees, such as The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express Gold Card (3x on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel), Citi Premier Card (3x on air travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
China News Service for Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees