Rocky Mountains deal alert: Fly to Colorado from Atlanta, Chicago and other cities from $168 round trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The state of Colorado is truly a special place.
If you pick the right time and place, you can, as the great John Denver sang, “see everything as far as you can see.” With this latest sale, the right time to visit may be in the fall. We’ve seen some great discounts on flights to Colorado Springs and Pueblo in Colorado from a number of U.S. cities. Most flights involve a layover, but there are a few nonstops to be found.
The best deals are for travel between August and spring of next year Remember that basic economy fares with United don’t include full-size carry-on bags. It will cost you between $50 and $80 round trip to upgrade for more overhead bin space. Checked luggage costs around $30 to $35 each way.
Want more TPG news delivered every morning to your inbox? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
A mile-high salute to Scott’s Cheap Flights for first spotting this great new deal. Its Premium membership is available for $49 per year. The Elite tier option is available for $199 per year, and it offers access to deals on premium economy, business and first class tickets.
You know what we always say: The more flexible you can be with your travel plans, the better price you’ll find.
Airlines: Delta, United
Routes: Atlanta, Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Las Vegas and Los Angeles to Colorado Springs, Denver and Pueblo, Colorado
How to book: Search Google Flights and book directly through the airline
Travel dates: Best availability from August this year through March 2023
Related: The best times to visit Colorado
Los Angeles (LAX) to Colorado Springs (COS) in December for less than $200 round-trip? Sign me up. This is a great price for this Delta itinerary during a time when Colorado isn’t yet overrun by tourists racing to the ski slopes.
If you wanted to go in late February when the Rocky Mountain ski resorts often get their best snowfall, United has nonstop flights from LAX to Denver (DEN) for $198 round-trip. It’s an economy seat which gets you a free carry-on. Your first checked bag will cost you $70.
If you want to visit Pueblo (PUB), one of the most fascinating and history-filled cities in the American Southwest, now is the time to book your trip. We found great fares to the “Steel City” out of Atlanta (ATL) from November through January for just $181 round trip on United. A checked bag will cost you $70, so maybe consider upgrading one tier for $60 if a full-size carry-on is enough for your travel essentials.
Vegas (LAS) to Pueblo in early October is also available on United at the nicely-discounted price of $186 round-trip.
There are some nice fares in this deal from the Midwest. You can fly from Chicago (ORD) nonstop to Colorado Springs (COS) in February on United for just $168. Even better, this is United’s economy tier, which gives you a free carry-on bag.
Another good discounted fare to Colorado Springs we found was from Los Angeles. Delta has basic economy tickets in December for only $196 round-trip.
And finally, there are lots of nonstop flights from Dallas (DFW) to Denver on United for less than $200.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5 points per dollar on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year); the Citi Prestige® Card for 5 points per dollar on airfare; the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3 points per dollar on air travel; the American Express® Gold Card for 3 points per dollar on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel; or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2 points per dollar on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo by Cris Stoddard/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees