Deal alert: Pride deals from Alaska Airlines, Hyatt, Kimpton and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s Pride Month, and as we’ve been reporting, The Points Guy is raising money for several charities that are dear to our hearts including Rainbow Railroad and Miles4Migrants to celebrate the LGBTQIA+ community.
But there are also lots of deals out there in the travel world that you may be able to benefit from!
Here are a few to get you in the mood to celebrate Pride Month.
Alaska Airlines has been a big booster of the LGBTQIA+ community. They’ve got a plane decked out in Pride livery, and they’ve also got a Pride Month sale on right now. You can find fares as low as $49 one-way.
Related: Alaska shows off its LGBTQIA+ Pride
You can fly from New York to San Francisco or Seattle for $139 each way. Bozeman, Montana, to Los Angeles is just $79. Fly Dallas to Seattle for just $109. Those are just a few examples. You can find more at AlaskaAirlines.com.
The online retail giant Amazon is offering lots of deals in honor of Pride Month. Find Pride merchandise from brands from Adidas to Disney, and Reebok to Speedo.
Disney, for example, is selling lots of fun Pride merchandise. For the best deals, wait until after Pride Month to scoop up some markdowns and save your gear for next Pride Month.
For even more charitable giving, check out Amazon Smile. It’s a separate Amazon shopping website that gives a portion of the proceeds from all your Amazon purchases to the charity of your choice. I give to God’s Love We Deliver, founded to provide food delivery to those sick with AIDS. It now helps a range of sick or elderly people with fresh meals delivered straight to their homes.
Hyatt is a Platinum sponsor of NYC Pride 2021. The hotel chain is inviting guests to celebrate Pride with special offers from New York and Los Angeles to Amsterdam and beyond.
According to the company, “Hyatt’s Pride offerings include up to 20% off a qualifying hotel stay with the code ‘PRIDE’ at select locations throughout the U.S. and globally through the end of the year. Guests can find participating hotels and full terms and conditions at hyatt.com/pride.”
They also gave us a list of some of the events they are hosting. Check it out below:
- Gild Hall, A Thompson Hotel will kick off New York City Pride festivities on June 25 with a happy hour from 4-9 p.m. for World of Hyatt elite members and Hyatt Sales Force VIPs to nosh on food and drinks while enjoying music and drag queen performances. A silent auction will also be held to benefit The Trevor Project, a nonprofit organization focused on suicide prevention efforts for the LGBTQIA+ community.
- The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel in New York will host an exclusive party at its Temple Court rooftop, welcoming World of Hyatt elite members and Hyatt Sales Force VIPs to enjoy a brunch viewing party of the virtual Pride March on June 27 between noon and 4 p.m., complete with delicious bites and drinks.
- Andaz West Hollywood will host a Pride comedy night on June 25 starting at 7 p.m., featuring a “best of Los Angeles” LGBTQIA+ lineup. The event will be followed by an after-party with a DJ performance at the Sundeck rooftop pool bar.
- Hyatt Centric Victoria Harbour Hong Kong has curated several Pride-inspired experiences, including “Centric Pride” goody bags, a rainbow wall installation for the perfect backdrop to capture the best moments, a “spin the rainbow wheel” at the Cruise rooftop restaurant and bar and a Pride-inspired cake at The Farmhouse. Guests can also enjoy Chow Ciao Chow’s mini art exhibition, which experiments with painting faces using different colors for different personalities.
Kimpton Hotels (part of IHG) has been a longtime ally of the gay and lesbian community (in fact, they’ve been key allies since 1981!).
Kimpton says, “Since our founding in San Francisco over three decades ago, in 1981, we’ve embraced the LGBTQ community and have made a commitment to helping affect positive change by partnering with organizations that can make a difference; like The Trevor Project.”
At the online travel agency Orbitz, you can search for a LGBTQIA-welcoming hotel at Orbitz.com/Pride.
Unfortunately, a deal to get $50 back in Orbucks for booking on that channel is over, but it met with a good response from folks on social media. Be sure to follow Orbitz to get in on any deals for next year’s Pride.
Featured photo of the Andaz West Hollywood courtesy of Hyatt Hotels.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees