Deal Alert: Los Angeles to Perth, Australia From $679 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Earlier this week we saw some great fares from the west coast to Melbourne, Australia, but if you live in Southern California — or can easily get there — and you’ve been feeling the urge to head down under, you’ve now got a second destination to consider. Right now we’re seeing flights from Los Angeles (LAX) all the way down to Perth, Australia (PER) on Qantas for as low as $679 round-trip.
Itineraries for this deal are available for departures on Monday through Thursday, but there are a lot of dates available in the months of February, March, April and May 2019. You don’t need any tricks to book these flights — just search using Google Flights to find the dates you want, then book directly via the airline’s website or through an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia. Note that at first, Google Flights will show these flights in its calendar as pricing in the $700+ range, but once you select a pair of round-trip dates, you should see at least one option appear in the high $600’s.
Routes: LAX to PER
Cost: $679+ round-trip
Travel Dates: February – June 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Booking Link: Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Los Angeles (LAX) to Perth, Australia (PER) for $679 in March via Expedia:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Perth, Australia (PER) for $679 in April via Expedia:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Perth, Australia (PER) for $679 in May via Expedia:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Perth, Australia (PER) for $679 in June via Expedia:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: The Flight Deal
Featured image by John Crux Photography / Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees