Deal Alert: West Coast to Melbourne, Australia From $660 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – Citi Prestige Card
Enjoy the benefits of the other side of the Equator this fall with great deals from the west coast to Melbourne, Australia. You can fly from San Jose (SJC), San Fransisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX) and San Diego (SAN) to Melbourne (MEL) from $660 round-trip.
Flights are on full-service carriers so you should get a free checked bag and meal on your journey.
Make sure to optimize your points and miles on during your stay in Melbourne. The city has a lot to offer from decadent brunches to a buzzing coffee culture. If you’re looking for something to do while you’re in Melbourne, check out Get Your Guide’s list of things to do in Melbourne.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. These prices seem to only be available through Priceline.
Airlines: Air Canada, Qantas Airways
Routes: SJC/SFO/LAX/SEA/PDX/SAN to MEL
Cost: $660+ round-trip in economy
Travel Dates: October – November 2018
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Booking Link: Priceline
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
San Jose (SJC) to Melbourne (MEL) for $660 round-trip on Air Canada via Priceline:
San Fransisco (SFO) to Melbourne (MEL) for $660 round-trip on Air Canada via Priceline:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Melbourne (MEL) for $666 round-trip on Qantas Airways via Priceline:
Seattle (SEA) to Melbourne (MEL) for $693 round-trip on Air Canada via Priceline:
Portland (PDX) to Melbourne (MEL) for $733 round-trip on Air Canada via Priceline:
San Diego (SAN) to Melbourne (MEL) for $733 round-trip on Air Canada via Priceline:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Boy_Anupong / Getty Images
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees