Deal Alert: Fly JetBlue Mint Across the Country, to the Caribbean From $301 Each Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
If you haven’t had the chance to try TPG Award-winning JetBlue Mint or are a fan looking to experience it again on the cheap, you’re in luck. JetBlue Mint routes just dropped to just $301 each way for flights between the Northeast and the Caribbean and just $398 each way for transcontinental flights across the US. We did see cheaper Mint flights to the Caribbean last week but these prices, along with the transcon fares, are still worth looking at.
To search for these fares, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Google Flights doesn’t let you click through to JetBlue’s website, so you’ll have to head to Jetblue.com and start your search again with the date(s) you found through Google Flights.
Routes: between JFK/BOS/SEA and AUA/BGI/SEA/SFO/LAS/SAN
Cost: $301+ or 20,400 points + taxes each way
Travel Dates: February-October
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Aruba (AUA) for $301 or 20,400 points+$15.60 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to Barbados (BGI) for $302 or 21,100 points+$7.10 one-way:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Seattle (SEA) for $398 or 29,800 points+$5.60 one-way:
Boston (BOS) to San Francisco (SFO) for $403 or 30,200 points+$5.60 one-way:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $448 or 33,700 points+$5.60 one-way:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to San Diego (SAN) for $478 one-way:
Seattle (SEA) to New York Kennedy (JFK) for $797 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases to pay the taxes and fees, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), American Express® Gold Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: Points With A Crew
Featured image by Alberto Riva/TPG.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,000 properties. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees