Deal Alert: Fly JetBlue Mint to the Caribbean From $266 One-Way, $651 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
If you’ve ever wanted to try out JetBlue’s fantastic Mint business class product, this is a great time. Running With Miles found a handful of cheap fares from the Northeast to Caribbean destinations with prices starting at just $267 one-way.
JetBlue operates select Caribbean and transcontinental routes with its Airbus A321s which are outfitted with lie-flat Mint seats. Mint recently won TPG’s inaugural award for Best Domestic Business Class product.
The cheapest dates are scattered and Mint aircraft only operate on Saturdays — eligible routes include Boston (BOS) and New York (JFK) to St. Lucia (UVF), Aruba (AUA) and Bridgetown (BGI).
Since the value of JetBlue points are tied to the cash price of tickets, this is a good opportunity to use points, with rates starting at 18,000 points one-way plus $11. You can transfer Amex Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou and Chase Ultimate Rewards to JetBlue.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline, Orbitz or Expedia.
Routes: BOS/JFK to UVF/AUA/BGI
Cost: $266+ one-way in business
Travel Dates: Scattered dates from April to June, September to October
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare plus trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to St Lucia (UVF) for $266 one-way in JetBlue Mint:
New York (JFK) to St Lucia (UVF) for $266 one-way in JetBlue Mint:
New York (JFK) to St Lucia (UVF) for 18,000 points + $11 one-way in JetBlue Mint:
New York (JFK) to Aruba (AUA) for $301 one-way in JetBlue Mint:
Boston (BOS) to Aruba (AUA) for $651 round-trip in JetBlue Mint:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases to pay the taxes and fees, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), American Express® Gold Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: Running With Miles
Featured image by Alberto Riva / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees