This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
If you’ve ever wanted to try out JetBlue’s fantastic Mint business class product, this is a great time. Running With Miles found a handful of cheap fares from the Northeast to Caribbean destinations with prices starting at just $267 one-way.
JetBlue operates select Caribbean and transcontinental routes with its Airbus A321s which are outfitted with lie-flat Mint seats. Mint recently won TPG’s inaugural award for Best Domestic Business Class product.
The cheapest dates are scattered and Mint aircraft only operate on Saturdays — eligible routes include Boston (BOS) and New York (JFK) to St. Lucia (UVF), Aruba (AUA) and Bridgetown (BGI).
Since the value of JetBlue points are tied to the cash price of tickets, this is a good opportunity to use points, with rates starting at 18,000 points one-way plus $11. You can transfer Amex Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou and Chase Ultimate Rewards to JetBlue.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline, Orbitz or Expedia.
Routes: BOS/JFK to UVF/AUA/BGI
Cost: $266+ one-way in business
Travel Dates: Scattered dates from April to June, September to October
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card (3x on airfare plus trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to St Lucia (UVF) for $266 one-way in JetBlue Mint:
New York (JFK) to St Lucia (UVF) for $266 one-way in JetBlue Mint:
New York (JFK) to St Lucia (UVF) for 18,000 points + $11 one-way in JetBlue Mint:
New York (JFK) to Aruba (AUA) for $301 one-way in JetBlue Mint:
Boston (BOS) to Aruba (AUA) for $651 round-trip in JetBlue Mint:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases to pay the taxes and fees, such as the Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), American Express® Gold Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: Running With Miles
Featured image by Alberto Riva / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees