Deal alert: Flights to Italy from $296 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flights to the Italian cities of Rome and Milan are currently available from $296 round-trip from various U.S. cities.
Better yet — there’s lots of availability between between March and May, which I personally believe is one of the best times to visit Italy. It’s right before the tourism rush really gets crazy and the weather is perfect for walking around. Since tourism isn’t at it’s peak yet, you’ll be able to see more of the iconic spots without feeling like you have to get in and get out.
If you can’t make it to Italy this spring, you can still get a pretty authentic taste of it in New York City as one of Florence’s most famous restaurants, Osteria delle Tre Panche, is hosting a pop-up restaurant from Feb. 5-23.
To find a deal, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Here’s a summary of what’s available:
Airline: British Airways, Swiss, Brussels Airlines, United, Delta, Air Italy
Routes: JFK/EWR/BOS/PHL/SFO/MIA/DEN/ORD to FCO/MXP
Cost: $296+ round-trip in economy
Dates: February – May 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are some examples of specific flights that are available:
New York (JFK) to Rome (FCO) for $296 round-trip on British Airways:
Newark (EWR) to Rome (FCO) for $324 round-trip on Swiss/Air Canada:
Boston (BOS) to Rome (FCO) for $357 round-trip on Brussels Airlines/Swiss: Philadelphia (PHL) to Rome (FCO) for $376 round-trip on British Airways:
San Francisco (SFO) to Rome (FCO) for $385 round-trip on Delta:Miami (MIA) to Milan (MXP) for $388 round-trip on Air Italy:
Denver (DEN) to Rome (FCO) for $399 round-trip on United:Chicago (ORD) to Rome (FCO) for $400 round-trip on United: Miami (MIA) to Rome (FCO) for $432 round-trip on Air Italy:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by DEA / G. COZZI / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees