Deal Alert: Flights to Hawaii From $298 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Tough to say if there’s a direct correlation between Southwest launching low-cost fares to Hawaii this week and widespread deals to the islands on pretty much every other North American carrier, but we’ll take it! Alaska, American, Air Canada, Delta, United and WestJet have all lowered fares to Honolulu (HNL), Maui (OGG), Kauai (LIH) and Kona (KOA), with a mind-boggling amount of cities across both the United States and Canada included on the deal.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Then, click through to book directly with the airline or through an online travel agency (OTA) like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: Alaska, American, Air Canada, Delta, United and WestJet
Routes: Most cities in US/Canada to HNL/OGG/KOA/LIH
Cost: $298+ round-trip in basic economy
Dates: April through December 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
San Jose (SJC) to Kauai (LIH) for $298 nonstop on Alaska via Priceline:
Houston (IAH) to Honolulu (HNL) for $465 on American via AA.com:
Santa Ana (SNA) to Honolulu (HNL) for $325 on United via United.com:
Pasco (PSC) to Kona (KOA) for $363 on Delta via Delta.com:
Baltimore (BWI) to Maui (OGG) for $429 on United via Priceline:
Once you’re booked, be sure to activate your Priority Pass membership if holding a credit card that grants it. Having lounge access throughout the journey will make life a lot more enjoyable. Also, be sure to check out our guides to defeating basic economy on American Airlines, Delta and United.
As you plan your trip to the Aloha State, dive into our guides and recommendations below.
- The Best Ways to Use Miles for Hawaiian Island-Hopping
- These Are the Best Times to Visit Hawaii
- 9 Common Mistakes Tourists Make in Hawaii
- 14 Outrageous Experiences You Can Have in Hawaii
- 9 Things to Do in Maui That Aren’t the Road to Hana
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Darren Murph/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees