Deal Alert: California and Hawaii to Fiji From $496 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
It’s just beginning to warm up in many parts of the US, yet many of you savvy travelers may already be planning out next winter’s travels. Fiji Airways is offering a tempting sale to help expand your options: book a round-trip, nonstop flight between San Francisco (SFO) or Los Angeles (LAX) and Nadi, Fiji (NAN) for less than $600 round-trip — or from Honolulu (HNL) for $496 round-trip with one stop. All flights include checked bags at no cost. Book between April 3 and April 15, 2019 for travel dates between January 16 and March 31, 2020.
Do note that while this sale is a fantastic way to experience Fiji Airways in uninterrupted comfort, other airlines may also offer attack fare sales in days to come, so don’t fret if these fares don’t currently work with your plans.
A few months back Fiji Airways became a Oneworld Connect partner. The airlines are still ironing out the full details of mutual passenger privileges, and a lot could change between now and next January. But the new partnership is still useful to keep in mind in case you opt to book Oneworld positioning flights to and from San Francisco or Los Angeles. By the time your flight departs next year you might be able to connect your itineraries to check bags straight from your departure airport to Nadi.
To book, use Google Flights to find the dates that work best for you. Then click through to book directly with Fiji Airways, or through an OTA such as Priceline or Expedia. Note that while some flights may also be sold through American Airlines or Qantas, only Fiji Airways is offering this sale price.
If you’re interested in exploring other Oceania destinations in addition to Fiji, you can utilize this fare sale to give yourself a free three-day stopover in Fiji en route to other countries such as Australia, New Zealand or other Pacific Islands. Fiji Airways serves a number of cities nonstop from Nadi, including Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney in Australia, as well as Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington in New Zealand. The airline also offers nonstop flights from Fiji to Tokyo Narita, Hong Kong and Singapore. To book the stopover, use the multi-city search function to look up your desired dates and destinations.
When it comes to accommodation note that Fiji has a number of points hotels with overwater bungalows available for award redemptions.
Airlines: Fiji Airways
Routes: SFO/LAX/HNL to NAN
Cost: $496+ round-trip
Travel Dates: January 16 — March 31, 2020
Book by: April 10, 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Honolulu (HNL) to Nadi (NAN) from $496 round-trip in February:
San Francisco (SFO) to Sydney (SYD) via Nadi (NAN) from $874 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Tobiasjo / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees