This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
In celebration of Air Tahiti Nui’s new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, the airline is offering discounted fares from Los Angeles (LAX) to Tahiti (PPT) on designated dates throughout 2018 and 2019. Fares start at $787 round-trip in economy, which includes one checked bag, complimentary inflight entertainment and a choice of meals and alcoholic beverages. According to the offer’s fine print, the $787 fare is available on departures from Nov. 20, 2018 to Dec. 13, 2018 and Jan. 7, 2019, to March 31, 2019. Passengers interested in this fare can also fly to Bora Bora from $1167 as well.
In order to get the discount, you must book on the Air Tahiti Nui booking engine. Keep in mind the sale ends on Nov. 9, 2018. Make sure to double check that your trip is on the 787 before booking as well — the new aircraft will be limited to three to four flights per week initially with other trips operated on Air Tahiti Nui’s Airbus A340.
TPG‘s Zach Honig toured Air Tahiti Nui’s new aircraft earlier this month. He found that Air Tahiti Nui’s Dreamliner will most definitely offer passengers a superior inflight experience and is a step in the right direction for the airline in general.
Airlines: Air Tahiti Nui
Routes: LAX to PPT
Cost: $787+ round-trip
Travel Dates: November 20, 2018 – December 13, 2018; January 7, 2019 – March 31, 2019; December 14, 2018 – January 6, 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are the specific fares mapped out by time and price:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees