Act fast: Buy one, get one free on Alaska Airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
There is some good news for bargain hunters today. Alaska Airlines is back with a buy one, get one free sale, but you’ll need to act fast. This deal expires at midnight on Monday, Sept. 20, 2021.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This is a pretty spectacular deal considering it’s valid anywhere Alaska flies (except Prudhoe Bay), but you will need to fly before Dec.15, 2021 with certain days restricted. While it’s not valid on first class, you can get 10% off first-class seats during this promotion as well.
Here’s how Alaska suggests you book:
- In the booking form on this page, enter your departure and arrival cities, dates, and at least two travelers.
- Travel is valid Oct. 5 – Dec. 15, 2021.
- Travel to Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica, or Belize is valid Sundays through Wednesdays.
- Travel from Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica or Belize is valid Tuesdays through Fridays.
- All other travel is valid Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Travel on days of the week not listed above, solo travel, or in First Class will be discounted at 10%.
- Blackout dates of Nov.18–29, 2021, apply.
- Enter BOGOTIME into the discount code field, and then click “Find flights” to start your search.
Note there are a few pretty big exceptions including blackout days on and around Thanksgiving.
Some of the deals
Flights to Hawaii are already a pretty good deal for fall or winter travel. This deal makes them even better. For example this roundtrip from Seattle to Lihue, Hawaii for just $534 roundtrip for two passengers.
Or how does New York to Honolulu sound in November for just $596 roundtrip for two?
Note these are “Saver” fares with more restrictions, but it’s not much more for the main cabin.
I also found flights for Alaska Airlines’s new Belize route included in this offer. For a flight from Portland, Oregon (PDX) to Belize City, Belize (BZE) with a connection in Los Angeles (LAX) it’s just $642 for two passengers.
Maximize your purchase
Be sure to maximize your purchase by using one of the best credit cards for airfare purchases, including The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year; $695 annual fee, see rates and fees), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel).
The information for the Citi Prestige has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you have the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card or the Alaska Airlines Visa® Business card, you’ll earn 3x on eligible purchases with Alaska. That’s a decent value considering Alaska is running a status boost promotion at the moment for spending on their branded cards.
This is a great deal if you are booking a friend’s trip, a couples getaway or booking for your family. It’s even good for up to seven passengers, so if you can take advantage, jump on this deal.
Featured image by Clint Henderson/The Points Guy.
For rates and fees of the Amex Platinum Card, click here
For rates and fees of the Amex Gold Card, click here
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees