Deal alert: Get 2-for-1 helicopter transfers between NYC and JFK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While it may still seem like a novelty to some, many New Yorkers have enthusiastically embraced Blade’s helicopter service that can whisk them from one of several locations in the city to JFK in minutes. And, at just $195 per seat, the service could be worth it when you consider it could save you an hour or more in transit time — especially when there’s traffic.
For a limited time, Blade is making it even more attractive to take flight as you head to or from the airport with a buy-one-get-one promotion.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Right now, you can purchase a Blade Airport seat and book two seats on the helicopter for just $195. The promotion is valid for travel through Sept. 5, 2021, and you must use the coupon code PLUSONE at checkout.
According to the terms and conditions of the offer, the promotion code can only be used once per Blade customer account and it cannot be combined with any other discount, such as a new user promotion. You’re limited to one companion per flight and the companion must travel on the same flight with you.
Blade’s continuous airport service is currently being offered Sunday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m between Blade Lounge West (West 30th Street Heliport) New York’s JFK Airport. Service to Newark (EWR), LaGuardia (LGA) and other airports will resume fall of 2021, though private, crowdsource and shared charters remain available to all area airports.
In addition to being able to book your flight in advance through Blade’s website, you can now book your flight on the spot at Blade’s new kiosk inside the TWA Hotel at Terminal 5. Be sure to pay with a card that earns bonus points on travel, such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
With this promotion, you can book two seats on a helicopter between Manhattan and JFK for less than $100 per seat. That’s well below a typical Uber Black trip between Lower Manhattan and the airport and not that much more than what you’d pay in a yellow cab. The flight takes about five minutes, and upon arrival at the airport, you’ll receive ground transfers between the helipad and all commercial terminals.
If you’re a frequent traveler, consider purchasing a Blade Airport Pass Plus. The annual pass costs $795 and then each trip to and from the airport is just $95. Plus, get $50 off companion seats when you hold the pass. Or, for $295 per year, you can purchase a standard Blade Airport Pass and then each trip will be $145.
Additional reporting by Andrea M. Rotondo.
Featured image courtesy of Blade
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees