Deal Alert: Amtrak Routes Across the US Are Now 30% Off
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak is currently offering a Father’s Day sale, with nearly all routes discounted by 30%. The deal, which ends Monday, has fares starting at $22 one-way or $44 round-trip. Reduced prices are available for travel from Aug. 1 through Nov. 7, 2019 and there are no blackout dates, so this could be a great way to save when planning your end-of-summer and fall travels.
Although the discount only applies to coach fares, you’ll still get decent legroom, no middle seat and free Wi-Fi.
Below are some of the rates that Amtrak is promoting on its website. However, other routes apply:
Start your search for discounted tickets on the Amtrak website. There’s no coupon code needed to unlock the cheap fares.
Routes: All routes except the Pennsylvanian and Keystone Service locally between PHL and HAR, Capitol Corridor, Hiawatha, Pacific Surfliner and 7000-8999 Thruways.
Cost: From $22 one-way
Book by: June 17, 2019
Travel Dates: August 1 through November 7, 2019
Restrictions: Prices can’t be combined with other discount codes. Upgrades to Business Class are not permitted. Space is limited as sale prices are not available on all trains or at all times. Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable. Exchanges are permitted within the ticket validity period; a 25 percent cancellation fee applies. Other restrictions may also apply.
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Chicago, IL to St. Louis, MO for $22 one-way:
Seattle, WA to Portland, OR for $25 one-way:
Los Angeles, CA to Sacramento, CA for $49 one-way:
Boston, MA to Chicago, IL for $81 one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on all travel purchases), Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Featured image by JT Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.