This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Here is your chance to go above and beyond this Mother’s Day.
Amtrak is having a two-for-one ‘Unconditional Love’ flash sale from today, May 9 to May 13. So you can send your mother (and whomever they want to bring along with them) on a trip they’re sure to love this summer.
The deal covers two adult, economy class tickets as well as travel on the high-speed Acela. And, unfortunately, upgrades are not permitted when purchasing through the flash sale. Travel dates fall from June 1 to September 30 for trips to many major cities throughout the US — including New York City, Chicago, Boston, New Orleans, Seattle, Atlanta and beyond. Prices are starting as low as $29 one-way for two passengers.
You’ll need to enter a promo code to access these discounted fares. Make sure to input C250 in the coupon/promo code box before completing your search. The discounts are not valid on unreserved service which includes the Capitol Corridor, Pacific Surfliner, Hiawatha, Unreserved sections of the Pennsylvanian and Keystone Service and 7000-8999 Thruways.
Routes: Available on all reserved routes, though no upgrades are permitted.
Cost: From $29 one-way for two tickets
Book by: May 13, 2019
Travel Dates: June 1 to September 30, 2019
Restrictions: This offer if not combinable with any other discount offer. Sale prices are not available at all times and on all routes. This offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased, a 25 percent cancellation fee may apply
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on travel), Citi Premier Card (3x on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here a few examples of what you can book:
Seattle, WA to Portland, OR for two people for $35 one-way:
Detroit, MI to Chicago, IL for two people for $39 one-way:
New York, NY to Washington DC for two people for $96 one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on all travel purchases), Citi Premier Card (3x on travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Featured image courtesy of Amtrak.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards