Deal Alert: Amtrak 2-for-1 Sleeper Sale, Roomettes From $195 and Bedrooms From $259
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Premier® Card
Amtrak is back with another buy one, get one sale for sleeper-car trips between Aug. 1, 2019 and Mar. 31, 2020. With this promotion, roomettes can be booked from as low as $195 and bedrooms from $259.
Roomettes are complete with two seats that convert into beds, power outlets, double-decker windows, free meals and access to showers, among other amenities. TPG’s Katie and JT Genter recently tried out a roomette on the Empire Builder and found the seats to be comfortable, the cabin quiet and the complimentary meals ample and edible. However, they recommend arriving in the dining car well before it’s scheduled to close.
Roomettes are on the smaller end and are more suitable for solo travelers or couples, while bedrooms provide a bit more space and a private bathroom.
To book, head to Amtrak.com and enter V540 in the coupon/promo code box before completing your search. The only major restrictions are that the free companion and full fare passengers must travel together in the same room and that the Auto Train is excluded. There are no blackout dates.
Routes: California Zephyr, Capitol Limited, Cardinal, City of New Orleans, Coast Starlight, Crescent, Empire Builder, Lake Shore Limited, Silver Star, Silver Meteor, Southwest Chief, Sunset Limited and the Texas Eagle
Cost: Roomettes From $195, Bedrooms From $259
Book by: June 10, 2019
Travel Dates: August 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020
Restrictions: This offer if not combinable with any other discount offer. Sale prices are not available at all times and on all routes. This offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased, a 25 percent cancellation fee may apply
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on travel), Citi Premier® Card (3x on air travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
|New York, NY – Charleston, SC||$323||$613|
|Washington, DC – Orlando, FL||$314||$602|
|Chicago, IL – New Orleans, LA||$269||$319|
|Seattle, WA – Oakland, CA||$305||$534|
|Los Angeles, CA – Albuquerque, NM||$271||$450|
|Emeryville, CA – Salt Lake City, UT||$236||$395|
|Portland, OR – Los Angeles, CA||$357||$646|
|Atlanta, GA – New Orleans, LA||$220||$285|
|Chicago, IL – Memphis, TN||$197||$259|
|Washington, DC – Chicago, IL||$275||$416|
|San Antonio, TX – New Orleans, LA||$195||$357|
|New York, NY – Chicago, IL||$344||$571|
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on all travel purchases), Citi Premier® Card (3x on travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Featured image by Katie Genter/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees