Celebrate Canada Day with 25% off all flights on Alaska Airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you are like me, an American with an affinity for all things Canadian, you’ll be tickled to know that Alaska Airlines is offering 25% off flights to and from our northern neighbor. The discount is for one day only in honor of Canada Day — the country’s national day celebrated on July 1.
Travelers can book flights through Alaska Airlines by using the discount code CANADA, for travel starting in September through mid-November; the discount applies to all five Canadian destinations Alaska serves, including Vancouver.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Routes: Travel between Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton or Victoria and anywhere Alaska Airlines flies, excluding Prudhoe Bay.
How to book: Directly with the airline by entering CANADA as a discount code at the time of booking.
Travel dates: Sept. 7-Nov. 16, on Mondays through Thursdays and Saturdays. Not valid for travel Oct. 10-12.
Book by: 11:59 p.m. PT on July 1.
As mentioned, this deal is good for flights originating anywhere within the Alaskan network for travel to Vancouver International Airport (YVR), Kelowna International Airport (YLW), Calgary International Airport (YYC), Edmonton International Airport (YEG) and Victoria International Airport (YYJ).
Fly from 89 destinations to YVR, 79 destinations to YLW, 81 destinations to both YYC and YEG or 90 destinations to YYJ, including the below routes:
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)-YVR.
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW)-YEG.
- Los Angeles International Aiport (LAX)-YYJ.
- Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC)-YYC.
Because Alaska’s Canadian network is limited to Canada’s western provinces, specifically Alberta and British Columbia, many flights connect through SEA, especially if coming from anywhere outside of the West Coast, so be sure to factor in a layover depending on the route.
To book this flight, enter your origin city and destination, along with travel dates within the aforementioned September-to-November travel window, as shown below.
For example, you could book a discounted round-trip fare from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) to YVR in early September for just under $530, with a layover in SEA.
Be sure to double-check that the discount code is applied correctly. In this case, the code deducted approximately $64 from the total fare price.
The cheapest flights you will find, if available, are for the carrier’s Saver fare; this fare class is nonrefundable and unchangeable, but it does allow one full-size carry-on for the overhead bin and one personal item that fits underneath the seat in front of you.
Maximize your purchase
To book this deal, be sure to use a card that earns bonus points on airfare purchases, including the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card for 3 points per dollar on eligible Alaska purchases. You can also try The Platinum Card® from American Express or the American Express® Gold Card — 5 points per dollar and 3 points per dollar, respectively, when used to book airfare directly with the airline, on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year with the Amex Platinum. Both the Citi Premier® Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve offer 3 points per dollar on airfare.
Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Book this deal by the end of the day on Friday to get 25% off a round-trip or one-way flight to or from Canada within the Alaska network.
Happy Canada Day friends!
Featured photo by Anna Kraynova/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees