Incredible deal: Save 50% on all Southwest flights, including awards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Southwest Airlines just launched an absolutely incredible sale, giving customers 50% off all flights booked by Thursday, June 17 for travel between Sept. 15 and Nov. 3, 2021.
Best yet, this sale can also be applied to awards — depending on your origin and destination, you can book Wanna Get Away flights for less than 1,500 points each way. Just enter SAVE50 into the promo code field when you book directly through Southwest.
The discount can be applied to any Southwest flight within the eligible travel period — for example, you can fly nonstop between Las Vegas (LAS) and Los Angeles (LAX) for just $32 each way.
Rapid Rewards redemptions are discounted as well — you’ll save 50% off the regular award rate, before the mandatory September 11th Security Fee.
It seems you can apply the discount code to any route Southwest flies — even the carrier’s inter-island flights in Hawaii.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This sale is even more appealing to travelers with a Companion Pass — a friend or family can join you on your discounted flights, for just the cost of taxes and fees.
If you’ve already booked travel for this fall, it’s worth repricing your reservations as well. Southwest doesn’t apply change fees, so you can change your existing flights and, if the fare is now lower as part of this sale, you’ll receive a credit for the difference.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees