Deal alert: Book today to take advantage of $29 fares to Seattle, Las Vegas, Austin and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For those of us currently stuck inside due to snow, ice and more, let’s think about happier times and “land a low-fare winter adventure” courtesy of the Alaska Airlines winter flash sale, with one-way fares starting at just $29.
Travel must be booked by 11:59 p.m. PT today, Jan. 7, and is valid only on certain days through March 2022.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airlines: Alaska Airlines.
Routes: PSP/LAX/SFO/SAN/SEA/BUR/PDX/DAL/IAD and others to PSP/FLL/LAS/PVR/RDD/STS/SEA and others.
How to book: Directly through the airline’s sale page.
Travel dates: Starting Jan. 7 through March 2022, exact dates depend on route.
Book by: 11:59 p.m. PT on Jan. 7, 2022.
Here are a few examples of what you can book during this deal:
Portland (PDX) to Seattle (SEA) for as low as $29, round-trip.
San Francisco (SFO) to Las Vegas (LAS) for as low as $49, round-trip.
Los Angeles (LAX) to Ft. Lauderdale (FLL) for as low as $69, round-trip.
Dallas (DAL) to Seattle (SEA) for as low as $79, round-trip.
Palm Springs (PSP) to Austin (AUS) for as low as $89, round-trip.
San Diego (SAN) to Puerto Vallarta (PVR) for as low as $89, round-trip.
Washington, D.C. (IAD) to Seattle (SEA) for as low as $99, round-trip.
Note that though the sale is advertised for one-way Saver and Main fares, using the calendar functionality through the Flash Sale page on the Alaska Airlines website also shows available dates where you can book your return flight for the same cost.
Although some are offered, the majority of fares are not actually $29, so good job scoring one if you can find one. But fares under $50 are still a good deal for a budget-friendly getaway this winter. Remember that Alaska charges no cancel or change fees on main cabin fares, although restrictions apply to saver fares, including limited seat selection, boarding last and a 24-hour cancelation policy.
Be sure to check the fine print to verify any other exclusions within specific routes.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel), on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year, Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel), the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel) or the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card for 3x on eligible Alaska purchases. Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Act fast because this deal will be gone in a flash.
Featured image of Alaska Airlines flight in September near Seattle, Washington by George Rose/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees