Deal alert: $29 flights from new airline Avelo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today’s deal comes to us via Avelo, a startup airline known for its nonstop flights from Los Angeles’ Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR) to smaller airports on the West Coast, which is offering one-way flights as low as $29 from Los Angeles to cities throughout Northern California, the Pacific Northwest and Montana. The sale is in honor of their 100 days of operations.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Flights are only available for travel booked for the month of September, so act fast to take advantage of Avelo’s “100 Days of Excellence Sale.”
“We’ve slashed prices on our already low fares to celebrate 100 days of leading excellence in service,” says Avelo. “The only question now is not if you’ll fly, but where to next?”
Read more: New US airline, Avelo, makes splashy launch
Routes: BUR to STS/RDD/ACV/MFR/EUG/OGD/RDM/PSC/BZN and LAS to STS
Cost: From $29 depending on origin city
Dates: Book for travel in September
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The $29 one-way flights are available from Hollywood Burbank (BUR) to:
- Sonoma/Santa Rosa, California (STS), Sept. 9-30.
- Redding, California (RDD), Sept. 2-30.
Plus, a $29 one-way flight is available from Las Vegas (LAS) to Sonoma/Santa Rosa (STS), Sept. 16-30.
The $39 one-way flights are available from Hollywood Burbank (BUR) to:
- Arcata/Eureka, California (ACV), Sept. 2-30.
- Medford/Rogue Valley, Oregon (MFR), Sept. 5-27.
- Eugene, Oregon (EUG), Sept. 1-30.
The $44 one-way flights are available from Hollywood Burbank (BUR) to:
- Ogden, Utah/Salt Lake City (OGD), Sept. 2-30.
- Redmond/Bend, Oregon (RDM), Sept. 2-27.
The $49 one-way flights are available from Hollywood Burbank (BUR) to:
- Pasco Tri-Cities, Washington (PSC), Sept. 2-30.
The $59 one-way flights are available from Hollywood Burbank (BUR) to:
- Yellowstone/Bozeman, Montana (BZN), Sept. 1-15.
The below example shows a round-trip flight from Hollywood Burbank (BUR) to Sonoma/Santa Rosa (STS) for just $58, including all fees.
As you can see, each leg costs $29 for a $58 round-trip flight.
While all Avelo fares include one personal carry-on item (i.e., purse, briefcase, laptop less than 14 inches by 9 inches by 9 1/2 inches) that must fit underneath your seat, additional bags are extra. Starting Sept. 16, Avelo will charge you $25 for larger carry-on bags and $20 for your first checked bag. Additionally, seat choice starts at $6, along with a “distribution charge” of up to $22 that applies to fares quoted on Avelo’s website or through the customer support center, but does not apply to reservations made at an Avelo airport ticket counter.
The airline is taking COVID-19 precautions as you would see on larger carriers, including pre-packed and pre-sealed food and beverages, the use of HEPA filters that remove 99.9% of airborne particles, the use of face masks among crew and passengers and regularly cleaning and disinfecting airplanes.
Featured photo of Avelo Airlines’ first flight between Burbank and Santa Rosa at Hollywood Burbank Airport on April 28, 2021, by Joe Scarnici/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees