TripAdvisor Unveils Travelers’ Top Destinations Around the World
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This morning, March 20, TripAdvisor announced the winners of their 2018 Travelers’ Choice Awards. In total, the awards honor 402 outstanding destinations in 42 lists across the globe and this year, Paris snagged the top spot with the highest-rated global city. New York City, for the eighth consecutive year, ranks #1 as top city for travelers in the United States.
The top spots are world-class cities recognized as travelers favorite places, determined using an algorithm based on reviews and ratings for hotels, restaurants and attractions in destinations worldwide, gathered over one year, along with traveler booking interest on TripAdvisor.
Last year, Paris was ranked third in the 2017 Travelers’ Choice awards; New York City was voted in fifth place last year, moving down five spots in the global city category and remaining in the top spot for cities in the US.
Top 10 Travelers’ Choice Destinations (domestically):
- New York City, New York
- Maui, Hawaii
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Oahu, Hawaii
- Orlando, Florida
- Chicago, Illinois
- San Diego, California
- San Francisco, California
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“We are honored that New York City has once again been recognized as the number one destination in the US — a position the city has maintained for eight consecutive years,” said Fred Dixon, president and CEO of NYC & Company, the city’s official destination marketing organization. “This achievement reflects the unrivaled travel experiences that can only be found in NYC, including our renowned arts and culture scene, culinary offerings, world-class hotels, entertainment and sporting events, LGTBTQ+ culture and so much more.”
Top 10 Travelers’ Choice Destinations (globally):
- Paris, France
- London, England
- Rome, Italy
- Bali, Indonesia
- Crete, Greece
- Barcelona, Spain
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Marrakech, Morocco
- Istanbul, Turkey
- New York City, New York
“It’s clear in looking at this year’s list of Travelers’ Choice award-winning destinations that our millions of reviewers across the globe love exploring iconic cities that are full of history and rich culture,” said Brooke Ferencsik, senior director of communications for TripAdvisor in a press release.
The full list of winners in each category can be found here.
Images courtesy of TripAdvisor
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees