Airbus Receives Parts for First ANA A380
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
ANA’s A380s are one step closer to completion. The parts for the first ANA A380 landed in Toulouse, France, this morning at Airbus headquarters.
Finally, assembly of the super jumbo will start in April. The parts delivered were the six subassemblies of the aircraft — the nose, central and aft fuselage sections, tailplane and the two wings according to Flight Global.
ANA has ordered three A380-800s, which were originally allocated to SkyMark Airlines, with the first being ready for delivery to the airline in early 2019.
ANA’s first A380 will feature a special livery called ‘Flying Honu’ — it’s decked out with a family of Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles painted in different shades of blue. The aircraft will operate between Tokyo – Honolulu (HNL) route.
This won’t be the first unique livery in the airline’s fleet. It also flies Star Wars and Pokemon themed Boeing 777s.
ANA will have the world’s smallest A380 fleet with only three on order. It will also be the first Japanese airline to operate the double decker aircraft. While it’s not confirmed yet, One Mile at a Time has reported that the airline will install 500-600 seats in in the aircraft, and that there will be a first-class cabin. We’ve reached out to ANA for clarification, but have yet to hear back.
Featured image courtesy of Airbus / Twitter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.