Airbus Receives Parts for First ANA A380
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
ANA’s A380s are one step closer to completion. The parts for the first ANA A380 landed in Toulouse, France, this morning at Airbus headquarters.
Finally, assembly of the super jumbo will start in April. The parts delivered were the six subassemblies of the aircraft — the nose, central and aft fuselage sections, tailplane and the two wings according to Flight Global.
ANA has ordered three A380-800s, which were originally allocated to SkyMark Airlines, with the first being ready for delivery to the airline in early 2019.
ANA’s first A380 will feature a special livery called ‘Flying Honu’ — it’s decked out with a family of Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles painted in different shades of blue. The aircraft will operate between Tokyo – Honolulu (HNL) route.
This won’t be the first unique livery in the airline’s fleet. It also flies Star Wars and Pokemon themed Boeing 777s.
ANA will have the world’s smallest A380 fleet with only three on order. It will also be the first Japanese airline to operate the double decker aircraft. While it’s not confirmed yet, One Mile at a Time has reported that the airline will install 500-600 seats in in the aircraft, and that there will be a first-class cabin. We’ve reached out to ANA for clarification, but have yet to hear back.
Featured image courtesy of Airbus / Twitter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees