Starbucks Opened its First Reserve Megastore in Seattle
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The largest coffee house chain in the world just got a little bigger: Starbucks opened its first Reserve store, a new cafe format that’s dedicated to its premium Reserve brand.
Opened Tuesday in Seattle on the main floor of Starbucks’ headquarters, the Reserve store offers customers a massive “Eataly-style” food court and the company’s full beverage menu plus a few new items: Nitro Draft Latte and Spiced Ginger Cold Brew on tap as well as new espresso drinks like the Bianco Mocha.
The “open, marketplace style” of the Reserve stores hopes to bring in customers for more than just coffee. Patrons can sip traditional Italian cocktails like Aperol Spritz and Negronis from the mixology bar and nosh on Italian eats and fresh baked goods from the Princi Bakery chain Starbucks bought in 2017.
Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz called the opening of the Seattle Reserve Roastery a “significant milestone” for the company.
Starbucks currently has about 14,000 cafés in the United States alone, another massive Reserve Roastery in Shanghai and a third location set to open in New York City later this year. The Siren-branded company even launched its own credit card with Chase earlier this year.
In 2016, Starbucks first introduced the idea of the Reserve format with a plan to globally develop up to 20-30 Roasteries and 1,000 Reserve stores, with 20% of its stores becoming Starbucks Reserve Bar locations.
All images courtesy of Starbucks
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.