Starbucks Opened its First Reserve Megastore in Seattle
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The largest coffee house chain in the world just got a little bigger: Starbucks opened its first Reserve store, a new cafe format that’s dedicated to its premium Reserve brand.
Opened Tuesday in Seattle on the main floor of Starbucks’ headquarters, the Reserve store offers customers a massive “Eataly-style” food court and the company’s full beverage menu plus a few new items: Nitro Draft Latte and Spiced Ginger Cold Brew on tap as well as new espresso drinks like the Bianco Mocha.
The “open, marketplace style” of the Reserve stores hopes to bring in customers for more than just coffee. Patrons can sip traditional Italian cocktails like Aperol Spritz and Negronis from the mixology bar and nosh on Italian eats and fresh baked goods from the Princi Bakery chain Starbucks bought in 2017.
Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz called the opening of the Seattle Reserve Roastery a “significant milestone” for the company.
Starbucks currently has about 14,000 cafés in the United States alone, another massive Reserve Roastery in Shanghai and a third location set to open in New York City later this year. The Siren-branded company even launched its own credit card with Chase earlier this year.
In 2016, Starbucks first introduced the idea of the Reserve format with a plan to globally develop up to 20-30 Roasteries and 1,000 Reserve stores, with 20% of its stores becoming Starbucks Reserve Bar locations.
All images courtesy of Starbucks
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees