Eataly’s Opening a Food Theme Park in Bologna, Italy, This Fall
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Who needs Walt Disney World when there’s FICO Eataly World? Oscar Farinetti, the culinary giant behind Eataly — the beloved Italian food hall that began in Torino, Italy, and now has outposts around the world, including New York, Boston and Chicago, plus one coming soon to Los Angeles — is getting ready to solidify Bologna, Italy, as one of the foodie capitals of the world. On November 15, 2017, FICO Eataly World will open to the public and give gourmands the world over the chance to play with their food. The best part: admission is free.
Among the more than 20-acre park’s many sights to behold — and savor — are 40 restaurants and food and drink stalls; 40 farming factories that will give visitors a chance to see how everything from cheese and oil to beer and pasta gets made; a daily series of more than 75 events and classes geared toward helping visitors better understand and appreciate the hard work that goes into creating even just a little bit of sustenance; a half-dozen educational “rides,” one of which will transport you to the future of food; plus a collection of shops and marketplaces so you can take a piece of Eataly home with you. FICO Eataly World will also be home to more than 200 animals and 200 cultivars. Check out the video below for a closer look:
While all of these features could seem daunting to even the most diehard gastronomes, in a way it’s sort of like getting to sample all the best culinary experiences Italy has to offer without ever leaving the city of Bologna. Just remember to pack your stretchy pants!
Featured image courtesy of FICO Eataly World/Twitter.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.