Eataly’s Opening a Food Theme Park in Bologna, Italy, This Fall
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Who needs Walt Disney World when there’s FICO Eataly World? Oscar Farinetti, the culinary giant behind Eataly — the beloved Italian food hall that began in Torino, Italy, and now has outposts around the world, including New York, Boston and Chicago, plus one coming soon to Los Angeles — is getting ready to solidify Bologna, Italy, as one of the foodie capitals of the world. On November 15, 2017, FICO Eataly World will open to the public and give gourmands the world over the chance to play with their food. The best part: admission is free.
Among the more than 20-acre park’s many sights to behold — and savor — are 40 restaurants and food and drink stalls; 40 farming factories that will give visitors a chance to see how everything from cheese and oil to beer and pasta gets made; a daily series of more than 75 events and classes geared toward helping visitors better understand and appreciate the hard work that goes into creating even just a little bit of sustenance; a half-dozen educational “rides,” one of which will transport you to the future of food; plus a collection of shops and marketplaces so you can take a piece of Eataly home with you. FICO Eataly World will also be home to more than 200 animals and 200 cultivars. Check out the video below for a closer look:
While all of these features could seem daunting to even the most diehard gastronomes, in a way it’s sort of like getting to sample all the best culinary experiences Italy has to offer without ever leaving the city of Bologna. Just remember to pack your stretchy pants!
Featured image courtesy of FICO Eataly World/Twitter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.