This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Atlantic has teamed up with luxury private rental brand, onefinestay, to bring the most exclusive retreat to London’s Heathrow Airport. Beginning yesterday, February 26, until March 4, passengers who are flying with Virgin Atlantic will have the chance to try and snag a night at this exclusive Manhattan-style loft at the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at Heathrow.
The Heathrow Clubhouse is typically reserved for passengers flying in Business or First class cabins, but this offer is available to all passengers who are flying Virgin Atlantic during the week of the promotion. The lucky few who get the chance to spend the night at the clubhouse converted to a New York City style loft only have to pay $1. Passengers will be selected on a first come, first serve basis and will be pampered by the following services:
- A welcome from their personal butler
- Relaxing spa treatment
- A pre-dinner cocktail followed by a three-course meal and wine pairings
- Access to the cinema and rooftop terrace
- Breakfast in bed
- Refreshing shower and steam session followed by a spa treatment that includes a haircut, shave or facial
The luxury room will have views of the runway and control tower, and guests can watch planes take off and land from their bed. A Virgin spokesperson said the luxury bedroom is a way of gauging what customers would like to see at the Heathrow Clubhouse. Virgin will use the results for a strategy in the coming years to understand what customers want to get out of their flying experience.
This is the first partnership between Virgin Atlantic and onefinestay. The Virgin spokesperson said that the partnership has been extremely successful, and they are open to more future collaborations. Virgin carries 5.5 million passengers annually and was recently named of the the Top 5 Airlines in the World by Airline Ratings. Onefinestay has more than 10,000 properties around the world across more than 200 destinations.
Those who will be flying with Virgin Atlantic and wish to bid on a chance to stay in the Clubhouse can enter here.
Images courtesy of Virgin Atlantic
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees