This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Trump Administration confirmed today that it has reached a deal with Boeing for two new Air Force One aircraft, CNBC reports. The deal for the two 747-8 aircraft is expected to total $3.9 billion.
“President Trump has reached an informal deal with Boeing on a fixed price contract for the new Air Force One Program,” a White House spokesman told CNBC. “Thanks to the President’s negotiations, the contract will save the taxpayers more than $1.4 Billion.”
The list price for one of Boeing’s 747-8s is $351.4 million, according to Reuters. But the jumbo jet will require significant modifications before carrying the president.
The administration had formally “booked” its order with Boeing for two of its 747-8 planes back in November 2017, but the price was still being negotiated.
As president-elect, Trump complained about the price tag for replacing Air Force One.
In December 2016, he tweeted:
Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 6, 2016
That complaint resulted in a pledge from Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg that costs for a new Air Force One would not exceed $4 billion.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees