Act Fast: Wide Open Award Availability in Polaris Between SFO and Tel Aviv
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On Sunday, United announced that it was adding its new Polaris business-class seat on its San Francisco (SFO) to Tel Aviv (TLV) route, taking over for its Dreamliner. While the carrier isn’t set to launch the 777-300ER aircraft until May 23, 2018, we’re seeing wide open award availability on the route.
If you’re looking to try out United’s new Polaris product and get a great redemption in the process, this is a great opportunity. A one-way ticket from SFO to Tel Aviv will cost you 75,000 United MileagePlus miles plus taxes and fees. On any of the TLV-bound flights we’ve found, taxes and fees in both Polaris and economy don’t show to be any higher than $5.60 one-way.
We’re seeing the most availability in July and August, while it’s more scattered in September. Many days even have four or more seats available, which makes it a great chance to book a trip for the whole family, but note that these levels of open seats likely won’t last long. This is what the availability looks like for four people between July and August:
On quite a few of the flights checked, almost the entire Polaris cabin is available. For example, this flight on August 17 from SFO to TLV, where every single seat in Polaris is open.
United’s Polaris cabin is arranged in a 1-2-1 configuration and is a great way to travel comfortably — especially on this 14-hour flight. Check out TPG’s thoughts on his first flight in Polaris, where to sit in the 777-300ER Polaris cabin and a review in the cabin on a long-haul flight from Hong Kong (HKG) to San Francisco (SFO).
Keep in mind that even if you don’t have that many United miles in your MileagePlus account, you can transfer them. Chase Ultimate Rewards points transfer instantly to the MileagePlus program at a 1:1 ratio. So if you’re looking to book a one-way ticket, it’ll cost you 75,000 Ultimate Rewards points once they’re transferred to United.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees